EVO Manufacturing JK Enforcer Pro Stage 1

sheepdog02

I have a 2015 JKU on order, and was planning out my build and looking at options. Today, I noticed an option I was unaware of previously, and what northridge is calling an Enforcer Pro Stage 1 kit. Anyone have any experience with this lift combination? I know a number of people on the board are running the double D pro package which includes the bolt on coilovers along with the long arm upgrade kit, just wasn't aware there was a different option out there that was cheaper, but would allow me to get into a coilover setup for not much more than some traditional coil setups. At the moment, my plans for the jeep are far more daily driver but I do hope to get this thing down to costa rica and the roads or often dirt paths likely warrant spending more now so that I don't end up spending less now, only to rip it out later.

http://www.northridge4x4.com/evo-manufacturing-jk-enforcer-pro-stage-1-evo-201-1

evo-201.jpg
Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

MarkW13

I'm getting ready to go this route. Cash is in hand. My thoughts on why it is a good option. If it handles well on road, I can buy some currie arms to complete the rig with jhonny joints. If I'm not happy, i can buy the long arm upgrade and it will only cost about $500 more than if I went dd pro from the beginning.

If you buy the dd and eventually switch to a coilover setup it will cost a ton of extra money.

Also, I'm a little chicken and am not looking forward to cutting off the factory control arm mounts, modifying the exhaust, then welding it all back together from my garage floor and I hate to pay for things I can do myself. The enforcer pro will allow me to test out the setup, then decide if I really need long arms.

JK07

I have this setup and while it's only been on my Jeep for a month or so, I am really happy with it so far. I had to get the timing rings adjusted since the kit seemed to settle in a bit following install. I was essentially riding on the timing rings in the rear and it was a bit harsh. Once adjusted properly, I can say it rides really well now. I have wheeled it once since install and it did great! It felt very stable and was way more then capable. Then again, this kit is likely to be more capable than me for a long time. I'm sure I over-bought for my near term needs but the way I see it, I likely won't want some other set up for a long, long time. Go for it!

Templar

I ordered this kit from Northridge along with a 1310 front drive shaft back in January. Just need to get some Slabs and I will be installing it. I plan on doing the install myself and will chime in with the results when that happens (hopefully will be getting those wheels sooner than later) I think its a great suspension system for the $$$.

JK07 - did you do the install yourself? If so thoughts, if not what did it cost you to have it installed if you don't mind me asking.

JK07

I was planning to tackle it with a friend but ultimately decided to pay my local off road shop to do it. While some others may have been faster or slower, I hear the ballpark was about 16hrs of labor. That was roughly my experience.

sheepdog02

Thanks for the Info

Thanks for the info guys. I assume it would probably be wise to upgrade front DS and add C gussets at the time of the install?

texasrob

I have this setup and while it's only been on my Jeep for a month or so, I am really happy with it so far. I had to get the timing rings adjusted since the kit seemed to settle in a bit following install. I was essentially riding on the timing rings in the rear and it was a bit harsh. Once adjusted properly, I can say it rides really well now. I have wheeled it once since install and it did great! It felt very stable and was way more then capable. Then again, this kit is likely to be more capable than me for a long time. I'm sure I over-bought for my near term needs but the way I see it, I likely won't want some other set up for a long, long time. Go for it!

any further up dates on your installs
pros cons
thanks

MarkW13

any further up dates on your installs
pros cons
thanks

I ended up breaking a factory rear lower control arm and replaced both upper and lower arms on the rear. When I took the arms off the factory bushings looked like crap. The system flexes too much for weak factory arms. Plan on upgrading all of your control arms sooner than later or just go long arm right off the bat. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441862784.984242.jpg

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I'm not convinced this kit is any better than the Enforcer with 2.5" Kings.

In all seriousness why do you say that? I am looking at getting the enforcer for now but was looking at the bolt on coil overs with long arms for a possible final set up for the jeep.

utiadam

LOSER
I have the enforcer pro stage 1 and for the most part I'm pleased with it. The ride was a bit harsh with my 35s but I think it was due to hard tires. Now with the 37" Nitto trail grapplers the ride is much smoother. A buddy has the 4" enforcer with King 2.5 shocks and I must say that's the best riding jeep I've been in. Coilovers are definitely nice for all the adjustability with ride height etc so I would definitely do it again.

JAGS

Hooked
I'm not convinced this kit is any better than the Enforcer with 2.5" Kings.

It depends on who you talk to. I talked to a lot of people and went with the Enforcer with 2.5s. The 2.5s are where it's at once you start wheeling. Longer shock shaft (insert joke), great cooling and great response in the whoops. This comes from spec and passengers who've been in the Jeep.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I have been able to do everything my abilities allow thus far and also able to keep up with the coilover folks to go as fast as I'm comfortable going. I'm not a hard core wheeler and can't afford to push my Jeep to it's breaking point. If I were, then I'd go DTD.

There are some advantages to C/Os, but you really have to ask a lot of questions to see if they matter to you.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The only real advantage to the coilovers that I see is ride height adjustability (a big plus for sure when loaded down with gear). Other than that though, I have yet to hear and understand what would make the coilovers a better choice for me. I should also confess that the coilovers look cooler, but that isn't enough for me.

JAGS

Hooked
The only real advantage to the coilovers that I see is ride height adjustability (a big plus for sure when loaded down with gear). Other than that though, I have yet to hear and understand what would make the coilovers a better choice for me. I should also confess that the coilovers look cooler, but that isn't enough for me.

The C/O do look cooler and it also sounds a little cooler to say you have them.

Top Bottom