Thoughts?? CRAWLER CONCEPTZ JK ULTRA SERIES BODY MOUNT TIRE CARRIER

Rideski

Hey all, I'm looking for a reasonably priced tire carrier. I'm researched all the big guys (EVO, PSC, Genright) but being in Canada, and the state our dollar at the moment, these are all out of my budget. I came across the Crawler Conceptz body mount carrier but I'm having a hard time finding reviews on it. Does anyone have one or seen one that can comment on the quality?
I definitely don't want a carrier that rattles as that'll drive me nuts but can't afford the ~$1500+ for a carrier the other would cost after shipping and dollar conversion.

http://www.northridge4x4.com/crawler-conceptz-jk-ultra-series-body-mount-tire-carrier-us-btc-200?#

Any thoughts?

Torqt JK

I think Slavens has that tire carrier, and a few other CC parts. Maybe he will comment on this thread or you can PM him

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
I've looked into this carrier also and have only found a handful of guys running it. All that are running it seem very pleased with it. I talked with the guys at northridge and they haven't had any personal experience with it but said they knew the owner of the company and said he puts out quality products. I think that this carrier will be a great option for those who want the tailgate linked operation with no rear bumper. Personally I think it will be a great option for my Daily Driven Jeep also safer and cheaper than a Teraflex carrier.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
This is all the metal you get to hold a rim and tire.

Attachments

• 1429055673691.jpg
    1429055673691.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 885
  • 1429055689596.jpg
    1429055689596.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 875

10frank9

Web Wheeler
This is all the metal you get to hold a rim and tire.

Actually looks very similar to my LōD tire carrier mount. The mounting bracket with studs sits on top of that and bolts together.

Edit: I will say the LōD is welded to the carrier not bolted like that one. The mounting bracket gets bolted to the welded bracket on the carrier.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
What's your point? Metal can be very strong especially when made in the USA of steel and not cast metal from China.

My point? I guess I don't feel a little piece of angle iron is enough to hold my slab and 37" tg coming off a ledge. Just my thoughts on this.

Crawler Conceptz bumpers look a lot like Poison Spyder Customs.

Yes the metal does look like my LoD wheel mount.

Rideski

I'm on the fence with this one.. My rim/tire combo is in the 85lbs range (35" General Grabber on aluminum 15"rim). I'm running the EVO fascia so no bumper to speak of - not that this makes any difference.

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
Crawler Conceptz bumpers look a lot like Poison Spyder Customs.

Yes the metal does look like my LoD wheel mount.

Shad the owner of CC worked at poison Spyder as a designer then started his own company, hence the similarity. I for one am glad he's making quality stuff especially now that poison Spyder is probably going to drop in quality being part of transamerica

Slavens

Caught the Bug
me1.jpg

I run it , I like it .. No issues yet .. I wheel it quite a bit and for a while it was my daily driver and was pretty quiet . I run a 37" MTR on a 17" wheel mounts fine. It's basic nothing WOW about it but for the price it was made right and seems strong so far. I do run it in the higher up position.

Like said before Shad did design for PS so his first out stuff looked a lot like the PS stuff. The newer stuff is a little more orig in that regaurd.

Wardell

Looks like an interesting design. The way it bolts on to the body where the tailgate hinges are looks very similar to how the Maximus-3 carrier is mounted. At a quick glance, I'd agree with olram30 that the mounting point for the tire doesn't look as sturdy as it could be, but like a few of you point out it might be fine. Probably better than the TeraBreaks carrier at least!

Rideski

Thanks for the feedback guys.

@Slavens: I was checking out their sliders as well - have you tested them on the rocks at all? They look pretty nice.

Slavens

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the feedback guys.

@Slavens: I was checking out their sliders as well - have you tested them on the rocks at all? They look pretty nice.

I have.. I have landed on them pretty hard over and over mostly when on 35's I beat them up pretty good . No issues.

Top Bottom