Gecko JKUR Bruiser Cummins Turbo Diesel Build

Hi y'all! I've been on the forum for almost two and a half years and haven't posted anything, so I figured I'd post up my rig!

A little about it:

2012 Jeep JKUR
6" Teraflex
37" goodyear MT/R's
Warn front bumper and Bestop rear
Smittybilt XRC10 winch

Now, for the powertrain:

My Jeep has been at Bruiser Conversions for the last two months getting a motor swap to the 3.8L ISF Cummins Turbo Diesel I4. I am picking it up this weekend!

300 HP and 512 ft/lbs of torque at the rear wheels.

30+ MPG

It is bolted up to the stock W5A580 Automatic transmission, with a new torque converter and bell housing conversion.

I will be posting video once I get it back!

Thanks,

Mac IMG_8661.jpg photo (3).JPG IMG_8660.jpg IMG_9568.JPG IMG_9673.jpg IMG_9682.jpg IMG_9826.jpg

Always thought these were cool. What kind of Axles do you have holding that torque.

I'm actually on stock D44's with stock lockers. I have alloy USA axles in the rear and cgussets in the front. I am planning on some RCV axles for the front. The stock axles, even on 37's, have held up amazingly for me! We'll see how they last :)

bigtrucker52

I'm actually on stock D44's with stock lockers. I have alloy USA axles in the rear and cgussets in the front. I am planning on some RCV axles for the front. The stock axles, even on 37's, have held up amazingly for me! We'll see how they last :)

Are you gonna get dana 60s? I know the basic conversion at bruiser is about $18,500 but if you have any upgrades like turbos and stuff, what are they and how much do they add to the price tag? I'm eventually gonna get the conversion to do my self with their 6 speed stick to change out my stock automatic with and i plan on getting all of the power upgrades to max out my power no matter how expensive it gets

JKbrick

Welcome, is this engine different than a bt4? I think I would love to have a Cummins in my Jeep. Will be watching for updates

HoosierWolf

It is my dream to drop a diesel into my JKU so I'm very interested in how it works out for you and how the mpg actually turns out. (Gotta be better than factory at any rate)

Also

Welcome from Indy! :standing wave:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Hmm il have to do more research and see if I could do that out here

If you are military you can swing it. FL will let you register your vehicle while not being a resident of the state. Catch is you have to be stationed in FL or at least living there.

When I was looking into it, it would have worked because I am a resident of FL, just stationed in VA.

Are you gonna get dana 60s? I know the basic conversion at bruiser is about $18,500 but if you have any upgrades like turbos and stuff, what are they and how much do they add to the price tag? I'm eventually gonna get the conversion to do my self with their 6 speed stick to change out my stock automatic with and i plan on getting all of the power upgrades to max out my power no matter how expensive it gets

Yeah someday I will be visiting Dynatrac. If you have the 3.6 stock automatic they can use it with their Hemi, LS, and diesel conversions. Bruiser Conversions has a custom bell housing conversion.

Last edited:

bigtrucker52

Yeah someday, I will by visiting Dynatrac. If you have the 3.6 stock automatic they can use it with their Hemi, LS, and diesel conversions. Bruiser Conversions has a custom bell housing conversion.

Yeah. But i highly doubt my stock tranny will hold up to all of the power that the diesel will produce when i have all the turbos and stuff on it

bkac

Caught the Bug
Welcome, is this engine different than a bt4? I think I would love to have a Cummins in my Jeep. Will be watching for updates

It's the Cummins 4bt. The worst thing is the engine is really off balance and shakes really bad. Have you ever been in a JK with one in it? It's pretty cool but not smooth at all.

Top Bottom