Which Dynomax should I get?

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
I'm torn between the 39459 (rock crawler) and the 39516 (shorty, off road evo). Any thoughts from people who run these? Will they sound the same? Any drawbacks to having a shorter exhaust? I like the price of the off-road evo one so I"m learning that way.

J_KaBoB417

I have the RockCrawler exhaust that's dumps down right beneath the drivers side passenger door. It has a deeper aggressive sound but I will let you know that it's resonates quite a bit inside the cab and gets a little overbearing. I'm actually bringing it to the shop to get the pipe extended to come out near the rear corner of the tub. Other than that, I love the sound. I would just avoid dumping it out beneath the vehicle.

Mbair

I had to repeat "drivers side passenger door" to myself about 10 times before it clicked what you meant. I must be getting old. The minds not as sharp as it used to be.

BigBoy

I've never liked exhaust that dumps beneath the vehicle as the fumes tend to build up during idle. And they are a bit louder in the cab.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
I have the RockCrawler exhaust that's dumps down right beneath the drivers side passenger door. It has a deeper aggressive sound but I will let you know that it's resonates quite a bit inside the cab and gets a little overbearing. I'm actually bringing it to the shop to get the pipe extended to come out near the rear corner of the tub. Other than that, I love the sound. I would just avoid dumping it out beneath the vehicle.

Well I don't think I care for the noise in the cab, I'd just like to give the mini-van engine a little bit a growl...thanks for feedback

whispike

I personally prefer the rock crawler that goes all the way out back.
But I have two little kids who are often with me. :beer:

Either way backed by our 90 day Sound and Performance Guarantee.
http://www.dynomax.com/warranty-guarantee/

And our rebate is going on now!

http://www.dynomax.com/promotions/

Good luck on choice!!!

Only problem with this one is it exists right under the bumper and it seems as if the tip could get crushed between a rock and the bumper.
I like how the AFE one turns down right before the bumper tucked up high. But the rebate on the Dynomax is a good deal right now!

Problem!?!?!?!! :brows:

Solution!!

20130429_104154_zpsfa0325f0.jpg

Only problem with this one is it exists right under the bumper and it seems as if the tip could get crushed between a rock and the bumper.
I like how the AFE one turns down right before the bumper tucked up high. But the rebate on the Dynomax is a good deal right now!

Kyle09Rubi

I'm torn between the 39459 (rock crawler) and the 39516 (shorty, off road evo). Any thoughts from people who run these? Will they sound the same? Any drawbacks to having a shorter exhaust? I like the price of the off-road evo one so I"m learning that way.

I just installed the 39516. Definitely sounds mean at start up but the drone when downshifting on the highway can be a little much. Extended periods in the higher RPM range is obnoxious.

Top Bottom