Yet another build thread...

CCTX50

Thank you for stopping by my build thread. I will be using this to document the progress of the build of my 2013 Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. I opted for auto with 4.10 gears, power windows/locks/heated cloth seats, nav. radio and hard top at the time of purchase. So far I am happy with that decision. It will be a slow build due to funding and also keeping it somewhat stock till the warrantee runs out. I am also wanting to do it right the first time by building with quality parts and not buy cheap parts. I will also post up pictures from time to time of my adventures.

What I am wanting to do is keep the Jeep as a daily driver but also be able to tackle the trails around Texas and one day make it to Colorado, Moab, The Rubicon and others. Right now I am leaning towards lifting around 3” and going with 35’s. But you know how that goes… 37’s seem to follow that.

I have already started doing a few mods that will protect her in the time being. Those include:
LOD Rock Rails, Rock Hard Sport Cage and Rock Hard Oil/Trans Skid Plate.

I have also added a few “wants” like Rigid A-pillar lights, Rigid Dually D2 A-pillar lights, Spider Web Shade, Truck-lite headlights and DIY grill inserts.

This is my first Jeep and so this is new to me. I started reading up on the forums back in 2011 and eventually bought in 2013. So, as always, feedback, suggestions, etc. are welcome. Again… it WILL be a slow build. Hope you enjoy.

New.jpg

Last edited:

CCTX50

A few pictures of her when she was new.

Stopping off along the road about two hours after purchase.
New 4.jpg New 2.jpg

Last edited:

CCTX50

What I am wanting to do is keep the Jeep as a daily driver but also be able to tackle the trails around Texas and one day make it to Colorado, Moab, The Rubicon and others. Right now I am leaning towards lifting around 3” and going with 35’s. But you know how that goes… 37’s seem to follow that.

Front bumper - EVO 1/4 Pounder or Poison Spyder Brawler Lite
Rear bumper - LOD, Poison Spyder or EVO fascia
Lift - Not sure on final lift. Right now I might go with EVO Level Kit to get the factory rack out.
Tire and wheels - Well, I have a ways to go. 35's but then there is always 37's.
Winch - Warn
On Board Air - ?
?????
?????

As stated above... this is a long term build. Had a blast at Jeep Jamboree Texas Spur this year. Ran it pretty much stock and learned a lot about a what a stock Jeep can do. Now I just need to save up money and do some more research on what is out there that will best fit my goals. Like I said, this is my DD but I want to build a capable Jeep that is able to tackle some of the hardest trails out there.

Here is a few more pics from over the years.
New and old Jeeps
OldJeep.jpg
My youngest showing me how well a stock Jeep can flex. LOL.
Maddie.jpg
Cool pic of my Jeep shadow.
Jeep Shadows.jpg

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Thanks... Frustrating not being able to just pull the trigger on it all and get it done. Oh well...

Takes time. Best advice is buy once, cry once. Also the 3" lift is a good size to run 35" or 37" tires.

Hayman_6735

I grew up right down the road from you in Agua Dulce. Beach wheelin past the 4 wheel drive sign on Padre Island is a blast! Welcome to WAL and Congrats on the new jeep :thumb:

CCTX50

I grew up right down the road from you in Agua Dulce. Beach wheelin past the 4 wheel drive sign on Padre Island is a blast! Welcome to WAL and Congrats on the new jeep :thumb:

Yeah the beach can be a lot of fun but also hard on the jeep. Hate rust!!!! You ever get out of the DFW area and head down this way look me up.

Hayman_6735

Yeah the beach can be a lot of fun but also hard on the jeep. Hate rust!!!! You ever get out of the DFW area and head down this way look me up.

I'll do it! I get down there a couple times a year. I still have family in the area! Good Luck with your Jeep.

CCTX50

Here are a few pictures of my LOD Rails, Rock Hard Skid and Rock Hard Cage. As you might be able to see, I have used the skid already. I think that it saved my bacon a time or two. I guess this is what happens when you do not have a lift. The rails worked great also. Can't say enough about them.
IMG_4100.jpg IMG_4096.jpg IMG_4095.jpg IMG_4094.jpg IMG_4093.jpg IMG_4092.jpg IMG_4091.jpg IMG_4090.jpg

CCTX50

Fun weekend at the ranch.

Build is now on hold due to lack of funding. Family vacation to Disney had taken a huge toll on the jeep fund. In the time being I guess a few pics will have to do.

Attachments

• 1436730408526.jpg
    1436730408526.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 149
Top Bottom