Nitto Trail Grapplers

Renagade119

Hey so I just realized that the LT313x75R16's will fit under my 06 TJ (Im pretty excited!) So now I have some questions to ask, Are they cost effective? Hows the wear life for a DD? Hows their rain performance? Hows the snow/ice performance? How will they do in dry offroad conditions (old dead grass, dry grass, dry dirt, etc) Thanks a ton guys!!!!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So far, I have found them to do exceptionally well in just about any condition/surface I've put them on. Wear seems real good so far too. I wouldn't be surprised if I get 45-50k out of them.

sm31

Wasn't sure this question warranted a new thread, so I thought I'd tack it on this one (sorry OP!).

Does the new K-spec Trail Grappler share the same carcass? I know the tread & formula are slightly different, but I was wondering if they made any changes to the carcass itself. Thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wasn't sure this question warranted a new thread, so I thought I'd tack it on this one (sorry OP!).

Does the new K-spec Trail Grappler share the same carcass? I know the tread & formula are slightly different, but I was wondering if they made any changes to the carcass itself. Thanks!

actually, the tread is the same but the shoulder lugs are very different. the rubber compound is supposed to be the same and i want to say that the overall structure is the same as well but, not 100% sure.

FoxC

I can only say good things about these tires. Offroad is fantastic and...no chunking. Offroad performance was expected, but I was most surprised by the onroad...very quiet. Just a slight hum.
They did very well up in Tahoe a couple of weeks ago during the first big snow. There wasnt any ice, but on snow and slush they did very good.

dchew

Caught the Bug
Could I get away with mounting these on factory rims?

Hello! First post here. I ordered a 2013 billet silver JKUR, and I am planning to lift it with the EVO bolt on coil-overs (also ordered). Do you think I could get away with mounting them on the factory Rubicon rims for, say six months?

I can get the tires but adding 5 rims right now doesn't fit my budget. Someone wants my factory tires so I would prefer to put the 37's on soon after the Jeep arrives. My other options are to:
1. Wait to do the lift until this summer, but then I'm dealing with a vehicle that has been through one winter and my friend will not get "new" tires.
2. Lift it now and look like a real dork with 32" tires and a ~3.5" lift...

What do you think?

Dave

What I've ordered so far:
EVO MFG NEW BOLT ON COILOVER KIT (FRONT)
EVO MFG NEW BOLT ON COILOVER KIT (REAR)
EVO MFG(9) JK Draglink Flip Kit
EVO MFG(4) Extreme High Clearance Long Arm Upgrade Kit
EVO Mfg C2 Axle Gussets
Front 1350 C.V. Heavy Duty Drive Line Reel Mfg.
EVO MFG(3) Armor Rock Sliders
TeraFlex JK HD Hinged Carrier and Adjustable Spare Tire Mounting Kit

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to WAYALIFE!!

Regarding your question, you're gonna need to be running wheels with 3.5" back spacing to clear the front EVO coil overs. That is at least, if you plan on wheeling your Jeep. Have you considered looking at some used wheels to hold you over or maybe steel wheels? They are a lot cheaper and you can sell them once you get into a position to get new ones.

dchew

Caught the Bug
Thank you for the welcome!

Backspacing" Oh yeah good point; I forgot to mention I also have access to 1.5" spidertrax wheel spacers which if my math is right gets me to 4.75"...?

Still not enough I suppose. I will check around the used market. Although I wonder after mounting and balancing 2x vs. just biting the bullet for what I really need, am I saving all that much...

Ciao,
Dave

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for the welcome!

Backspacing" Oh yeah good point; I forgot to mention I also have access to 1.5" spidertrax wheel spacers which if my math is right gets me to 4.75"...?

Still not enough I suppose. I will check around the used market. Although I wonder after mounting and balancing 2x vs. just biting the bullet for what I really need, am I saving all that much...

Ciao,
Dave

yeah, you still won't have enough even with spacers and no, you won't be saving a whole lot doing it twice. It's a bummer but, it'll at least get you going.

bl17z90

I run a 2.5 right now on the stock 32's.

Friend of mine is at 3.5 on 32's as well.

It doesn't look too silly but as soon as you do the lift you'll be itching to buy the tires.....trust me I can't wait:bleh:

Prime8

bl17z90 said:
I run a 2.5 right now on the stock 32's.

Friend of mine is at 3.5 on 32's as well.

It doesn't look too silly but as soon as you do the lift you'll be itching to buy the tires.....trust me I can't wait:bleh:

A 2.5" backspacing? Are you sure? That's a really wide stance... Even my beadlocks are only 3.5"...?

dchew

Caught the Bug
Thank you all. The real problem is the guy who wants my tires is the guy who is going to help me do all the work. He has two lifts in his garage (along with a '55, GTO, vette, viper, ... never mind. Any way I want to give him the stock tires for the trouble. I should just go for it I suppose.

Would 37's fit with the stock bumper? I could always wait to get the bumper and winch instead and limit my wheeling to minor stuff in the mean time.

Dave

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you all. The real problem is the guy who wants my tires is the guy who is going to help me do all the work. He has two lifts in his garage (along with a '55, GTO, vette, viper, ... never mind. Any way I want to give him the stock tires for the trouble. I should just go for it I suppose.

Would 37's fit with the stock bumper? I could always wait to get the bumper and winch instead and limit my wheeling to minor stuff in the mean time.

Dave

eh, not really but, you could always chop your bumper and make it a stubby :yup:

1BAMFR

I love these tires...Have owned 2 sets of them and my brother runs them as well. Nothing but good things to say about them. I have had them in mud, snow, rock, highway, and its all perfect.

bl17z90

This is what I will be running when I do eventually buy tires, done a lot of research and I also have seen nothing but good words about them:yup:

Metalmasher

wayoflife said:
So far, I have found them to do exceptionally well in just about any condition/surface I've put them on. Wear seems real good so far too. I wouldn't be surprised if I get 45-50k out of them.

That is unreal for an off road tire! Does anybody have anything bad to say about these tires? I can't remember in what magazine but they said that They ran this tire in a 40" tire and didn't even balance it and ran it off road and right down the highway!

Top Bottom