Logical Build Process

Jtmw

I was just curious on a few things and get some opinions.

Im a 2 door sport, and am very interested in doing BO Coilovers.
I know i would need proper backspacing for the clearence. I planned on going to ATX Slabs that would ideally be step one.
I was curious how ridiculous Throwing coilovers on my D30 would be. I have plans to gusset it, and a firm believer of wheel it til it breaks.
To match the lowest possible ride height with the coilovers what rear springs are reccomended? I don't plan on doing any high speed anything I recognize he limitation of the D30. I do more moderate trails than anything but am still 90% on the road. I have always wanted coilovers and will happen sometime just wanted some other opinioins

edited for spelling errors :naw:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Springs will depend on your bumpers and how much gear you tend to carry. When I was going to buy eddies it was reccomended to me to start with the stock springs the kit would come with the fine tune to where you want it to be.

noroad

I was just curious on a few things and get some opinions.

Im a 2 door sport, and am very interested in doing BO Coilovers.
I know i would need proper backspacing for the clearence. I planned on going to ATX Slabs that would ideally be step one.
I was curious how ridiculous Throwing coilovers on my D30 would be. I have plans to gusset it, and a firm believer of wheel it til it breaks.
To match the lowest possible ride height with the coilovers what rear springs are reccomended? I don't plan on doing any high speed anything I recognize he limitation of the D30. I do more moderate trails than anything but am still 90% on the road. I have always wanted coilovers and will happen sometime just wanted some other opinioins

edited for spelling errors :naw:

so for springs we have 200s over 250 in the back were 4drs have 250 over 250. As stated back spacing is need to be under 4, if you are waiting on slabs i would just use wheel spacers as we did. we also have a dana 30 at the moment. Im not sure i would put slabs on a dana 30 if i planned to wheel hard just because they a little heavy. she is also only on 35s at this time till we work out a 44. (she likes to goose it lol) we just gusseting ours as well. Ride height comes from compressing the coilover with a ring on top that allows you to set your own height level we are still tuning ours in as we are trying to get as low as we can. but with this you lows up travel so we are trying to find a good middle road. we will only be using this jeep for moderate/ low hard trails as well(we like to beat on the green one lol) But she does like to drive fast over wash board roads, I can tell you on our test drive we went down some power lines at around 60mph, boy o boy my jeep would have been in the woods! that thing held the crappy bumpy road like nothing i have ever driven. Are coilovers need for light wheeling prob not. but they are bad ass if you have the money, i havent seen one person on here say i wish i didnt buy these.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
so for springs we have 200s over 250 in the back were 4drs have 250 over 250. As stated back spacing is need to be under 4, if you are waiting on slabs i would just use wheel spacers as we did. we also have a dana 30 at the moment. Im not sure i would put slabs on a dana 30 if i planned to wheel hard just because they a little heavy. she is also only on 35s at this time till we work out a 44. (she likes to goose it lol) we just gusseting ours as well. Ride height comes from compressing the coilover with a ring on top that allows you to set your own height level we are still tuning ours in as we are trying to get as low as we can. but with this you lows up travel so we are trying to find a good middle road. we will only be using this jeep for moderate/ low hard trails as well(we like to beat on the green one lol) But she does like to drive fast over wash board roads, I can tell you on our test drive we went down some power lines at around 60mph, boy o boy my jeep would have been in the woods! that thing held the crappy bumpy road like nothing i have ever driven. Are coilovers need for light wheeling prob not. but they are bad ass if you have the money, i havent seen one person on here say i wish i didnt buy these.

I know I am jealous ;)

Jtmw

Awesome information and just makes me want to do this even faster. If I'm correct the BS required for Coilovers is 3.5? If so what wheel are you running, or are you using a spacer? Also in regard to rear springs I was actually talking about just regular coils. Not coilovers I would like to do the front first. Also, I have like plans for getting a 44 sometime in the near future. Also running 35s for now. But i actually have been following your work on IG, I'm Jtmw on there too.

noroad

Awesome information and just makes me want to do this even faster. If I'm correct the BS required for Coilovers is 3.5? If so what wheel are you running, or are you using a spacer? Also in regard to rear springs I was actually talking about just regular coils. Not coilovers I would like to do the front first. Also, I have like plans for getting a 44 sometime in the near future. Also running 35s for now. But i actually have been following your work on IG, I'm Jtmw on there too.

No problem. we have vision color or something like that on hers, they are 4.75bs and we added 1.5 well spacers putting us at 3.25bs. with running coilovers and just coils in the back it can be done but might take an extra step or two to get it leveled right. as you might want to get the coilovers set to the height you want then pick a spring. Or you could get an evo plush ride 3inch rear coils and add a coil spacer if you need more lift in the back(evo 3inch will prob net you 3.5 almost 4 inches in the back on a 2dr maybe a plush ride guy can chime in)

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I think i am about 3.75 lift around with the plush but I havnt measured in a while, and not sure now with the evo carrier on the back and the back seat in again, I can say tho the plush rides are very good coils and ride great for the price.

Jtmw

No problem. we have vision color or something like that on hers, they are 4.75bs and we added 1.5 well spacers putting us at 3.25bs. with running coilovers and just coils in the back it can be done but might take an extra step or two to get it leveled right. as you might want to get the coilovers set to the height you want then pick a spring. Or you could get an evo plush ride 3inch rear coils and add a coil spacer if you need more lift in the back(evo 3inch will prob net you 3.5 almost 4 inches in the back on a 2dr maybe a plush ride guy can chime in)

So coilovers in the front and evo plush 3'' in the rear should be a good place to start?

Jtmw

My next question is I would need aftermarket driveshafts correct? If so what brand, looked at REEL but seem pricey. May just be how it is though.
Following that, what is an appropriate shock for the rear using 3'' plush coils
Thanks all who have answered

noroad

My next question is I would need aftermarket driveshafts correct? If so what brand, looked at REEL but seem pricey. May just be how it is though.
Following that, what is an appropriate shock for the rear using 3'' plush coils
Thanks all who have answered

after 2.5 you are going to both shafts on a 2 dr, we just made a deal with adams driveshafts and got both front and rear 1310s solid joints for 749 shipped(we ordered 4 shafts 2 for us and 2 for a friend ).

Jtmw

after 2.5 you are going to both shafts on a 2 dr, we just made a deal with adams driveshafts and got both front and rear 1310s solid joints for 749 shipped(we ordered 4 shafts 2 for us and 2 for a friend ).

Could I run around on regular shafts for a month? No wheeling

Top Bottom