Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Switch-Pros switches mounted to Daystar dash switch panel?

Switch-Pros switches mounted to Daystar dash switch panel?

Hi guys,

I've been throwing around the idea of getting the Switch-Pros switching system, but I've been a bit unsure of the best place to mount it. I very much like what Eddie did with his old switch module on Moby, using the Daystar mount.

So I got to wondering if something like that would be feasible with the Switch-Pro panel as well. I was wondering if anyone with the Daystar panel would be able to measure the width and height of the area where the switches typically go to give me an idea if that could work. Based off of boardsurfer's posts here it looks like the Switch-Pros module is about 4 1/2" x 2", and from the Daystar pictures it looks like that should fit on their panel, but wanted to verify first before I pull the trigger on that.

My one thought is that you could use some screws and screw the unit right to the front of the Daystar unit, or possibly bend the little screw tabs on the side backwards, and then just cut little notches in the Daystar panel to pop it in there. It could then be fastened in using screws or some kind of adhesive or something perhaps, to make it look a bit cleaner.

Anywho, thanks in advance to anyone who can provide measurements of the Daystar unit, much appreciated!

I made a small box/panel up that sits below the outboard dash vent...its about the size you mention. Pretty straight forward to make, and it fits nicely. Reverse the pic for LHD JK's, lol.....
    Theres plenty of room behind here to access for fasteners and wiring.

If I need more switches, I'm thinking I could make another panel to fit the rounded section of the centre dash binnacle, in front of the dash storage tray.....

Quote Originally Posted by LeighP View Post
    I made a small box/panel up that sits below the outboard dash vent...its about the size you mention. Pretty straight forward to make, and it fits nicely. Reverse the pic for LHD JK's, lol.....
    Theres plenty of room behind here to access for fasteners and wiring.

If I need more switches, I'm thinking I could make another panel to fit the rounded section of the centre dash binnacle, in front of the dash storage tray.....
    Great job! Any chance you have photos of the installation?

Nothing but a Thing boardsurfer's Avatar
    I wouldn't count on bending the tabs on the switch-pro. They are pretty stout and part of the whole back piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw1746 View Post
    If you flip the included bracket upside down on the back of the switch panel, it will fit perfectly on that spot LeighP posted and will be angled out nicely for a good visual. Problem is, from my driving position, the steering wheel completely blocks that spot for me and I couldnt see it at all. I went through several spots to mount before I decided on front and center.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429671250.438442.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw1746 View Post
    I definitely second this! Curious how you attached the module to the dash though. Any chance we could get a side shot?

Quote Originally Posted by boardsurfer View Post
    If you flip the included bracket upside down on the back of the switch panel, it will fit perfectly on that spot LeighP posted and will be angled out nicely for a good visual. Problem is, from my driving position, the steering wheel completely blocks that spot for me and I couldnt see it at all. I went through several spots to mount before I decided on front and center.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429671250.438442.jpg
    Hmm, I do kind of like that! Although I'm not sure if I can make it work as I have my window switches there. I also was thinking that if the module was mounted on the bracket you could maybe fit it just above the AC knob?

My other thought was perhaps on the bracket, down on the base of the center console directly in front of the shifter. Kind of where the Daystar panel would sit, but rather than mounting it on that location, mounting it on the base of the console where the little rubber tray is.

Kind of in this area...

4-22-2015 8-26-27 AM.jpg

Just not quite sure if there's enough height there for the module on the bracket.

If you have a regular business card handy you can get an idea. They're both 2 inches tall. I think that's a good spot though.

got my switch-pro, need to figure out where I'm going to install it as well. I'd like it out of sight

Just FYI I mounted mine to my cage dash bar with zip ties to see if liked it up there before doing anything more permanent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast