Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Hiking. Day, Thru, Section, Ultralight to Traditional

Been Around the Block Chris1015's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Bud View Post
    Thank you!!
    Agree. Awesome. You just set up camp there in the snow? Weren't you freezing? How did you stay warm? I'm not much of a camper.

Quote Originally Posted by DINKELROC View Post
    Here are a few shots of some trips I took into the Ansel Adams Wilderness a few years back. My son Jakob got some great pictures of the back country.
    Beautiful pics.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post

It was at this point I realized I should read up on Snakes...
    Looks like some kind of rattlesnake. I don't know of any other poisonous snakes in that area. Based on the head shape, it definitely looks poisonous.
    Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Nothing but a Thing TrailHunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Looks like some kind of rattlesnake. I don't know of any other poisonous snakes in that area. Based on the head shape, it definitely looks poisonous.
    I think it was too.... we immediately froze and I wasn’t exactly sure what to do... so from about 12’ away I hit it with a small rock and it turned around and slithered down the mountain into the brush... with it’s tail facing me, I could see a tiny rattler. Kind of scary. We stayed in tighter formation after that.

Been Around the Block Miramontes's Avatar
    IMG_3206.jpg

One of the toughest hikes to do in SoCal is Cactus to Clouds. It begins in Palm Springs Museum to San Jacinto Peak and back to the tram.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gorgeous picture! I’ve heard of the hike. Awesome trail and be safe on the skyline

2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Been Around the Block Miramontes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    Gorgeous picture! I’ve heard of the hike. Awesome trail and be safe on the skyline

The view from Skyline is very nice. Every time I’ve done C2C I have started at 3am. Cool view of Palm Springs

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112