A Walk Around RENNY - 1st Photos of our 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Soon after getting home with our brand new 2015 Colorado Red Jeep Renegade Trailhawk, we cleaned it up and did what we do with all our new Jeeps - take poser shots inside and out and from just about every angle we can think of. We do this as we typically modify our Jeeps and like to have a record of what it was like back when it was still stock and, I thought you might enjoy seeing some of the shots we took. If nothing else, you'll get a close up look at Renny and if there are any other shots you might want to see, just let me know and I'll do what I can to get them for you. :)

Of course, if you're a fan of the Jeep Renegade, be sure to join us on our sister site www.ToasterJeep.com :yup:

Here are some shots from the front.
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Here's a close up look at the Jeep Renegade Trailhawk front bumper.
main.php

The Jeep Renegade Trailhawks come with a greater approach angle and tow hooks as you can see here.
main.php

main.php

main.php

Here's a close up look at the seven slotted grill easter egg you can find in the Jeep Renegade headlights.
main.php

main.php

Jeep Renegade Trailhawk wheels and Goodyear Wrangler SR-A tires.
main.php

main.php

Jeep Renegade Mirrors with side lights.
main.php

main.php

In my opinion, the Jeep Renegade Trailhawks really should have come from the factory with a set of rocker guards but I'd be happy to buy a set of Mopar ones if they ever come out with them.
main.php

The anti-glare hood decal does not come standard on the Jeep Renegade Trailhawks and we were glad that ours came with it as we think it really adds to the overall look of the Renegade.
main.php

main.php

Another option you can get with the Jeep Renegade is a black painted roof.
main.php

Here's a look under the hood of the Jeep Renegade Trailhawk with it's 2.4L Multiair Tigershark engine.
main.php

main.php

Here are a few shots from behind our Jeep Renegade Trailhawk.
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Here's a close up shot of the seven slotted grill easter egg in the tail lights.
main.php

Shot of the Jeep Renegade Trailhawk factory rear bumper.
main.php

Here's a photo from above to show the Jeep Renegade Trailhawk spoiler, antenna, roof rack and black painted roof.
main.php

Just under the Jeep logo on the tailgate of the Jeep Renegade, you can see the back up camera.
main.php

Here is the rear tow hook that you can only get on a Jeep Renegade Trailhawk.
main.php

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
main.php

Here are some interior shots of our new 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk.
main.php

main.php

As you can see, the Jeep Renegades come with a lot of controls on the steering wheel.
main.php

Close up look at the Jeep Renegade dash display when it's off.
main.php

And here's a shot of what it looks like when the Renegade is on.
main.php

Photo of what the Jeep Renegade light controls looks like.
main.php

The driver side door of the Jeep Renegade comes with controls to all the windows, locks and mirrors.
main.php

Our Jeep Renegade Trailhawk came with electric seat controls.
main.php

Here's what the Jeep Renegade pedals look like with an automatic transmission - the only option you can get with a Trailhawk. Notice the dead pedal which is really comfortable to use.
main.php

I must admit, I'm still getting used to the push button start that the Jeep Renegades come with.
main.php

Our Jeep Renegade Trailhawk also came with dual climate controls.
main.php

Here's a shot of the 4WD shift knob on our Jeep Renegade. Being that we have a Trailhawk, it also came with a 4LO and different options for different terrain.
main.php

A look at the overhead lighting and rear view mirror on a Jeep Renegade.
main.php

Another seven slotted easter egg on the rear view mirror mount.
main.php

Here's a look at the Jeep Renegade sun visor with all it's cool functions including a slide out extension and lighted vanity mirror.
main.php

We did not get a NAV system with our Jeep Renegade Trailhawk but the head unit is still really nice.
main.php

Even though the Trailhawks only come in an automatic, the Jeep Renegade bump shift is surprisingly fun to use and very intuitive unlike what we have on our Wrangler.
main.php

A shot of the front vents.
main.php

We got the optional 9-speaker sound system with sub-woofer in our Jeep Renegade Trailhawk and love it.
main.php

The Jeep Renegade Trailhawks come with seats that are embroidered with the Trailhawk name.
main.php

The seats also come with cool topographic designs in them.
main.php

The Jeep Renegade center console is way cool in that it slides forward for greater comfort or slides back for more clearance.
main.php

main.php

Here's a look at the rear 110W power outlet on the back on the center console.
main.php

Our Jeep Renegade Trailhawk came with the optional 40/20/40 rear seat and here's what it looks like with just the center section folded down. Notice the cup holders in the arm rest.
main.php

Here's a shot of the rear seats with both the 40 and the center 20 folded down.
main.php

Here's a look inside the back truck area of our Jeep Renegade.
main.php

Here's a shot of all the room you have with the rear seats folded down in a Jeep Renegade.
main.php

Here you can see the courtesy light, power outlet, tie downs and even flashlight that comes on the Jeep Renegade Trailhawks.
main.php

What the flashlight looks like removed from the panel and turned on.
main.php

main.php

Full size spare under the rear deck of the Jeep Renegade.
main.php

I will be sure to rack up Renny and get some good under side shots as soon as I can so be sure to check back for updates!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I was looking forward to checking it out but you did that for me. Lol

A rear tire carrier on this would be sweet as it would free up a lot of space inside if needed.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Thanks for sharing, are these pics after the his first big trip? If so wow it cleaned up well. Love all the little jeep details they put into it.

Kalums

My wife actually wants to look at one of these in the next few months, in you opinion how would car seats be in the renegade? 2/3? Back seat width with doors closed?

Stegertime

Caught the Bug

A rear tire carrier on this would be sweet as it would free up a lot of space inside if needed.

Agree! would also add that classic Jeep look to the rear end wiht the tire mounted :thumb:

Brutuss

Interior looks great! The outside makes me want to barf, it's super ugly. Main reason for buying this?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

LOL!! You can still check it out and take it for a drive when you come out.

I somehow doubt there'll be any swing out tire carriers coming out anytime soon so we'll probably get a roof rack and carry a larger full size spare up there.... that is, once we figure out how to lift this thing and install bigger tires :crazyeyes:

So what are the mods planned for this one, can't wait to see how it turns out.

For now, I'd be happy with a simple budget boost. Something that'll help us obtain just enough clearance to run slightly bigger tires. There just isn't a whole lot available in terms of AT's or MT's in the factory 215 size.

Thanks for sharing, are these pics after the his first big trip? If so wow it cleaned up well. Love all the little jeep details they put into it.

Actually, these were taking the day after we brought Renny home. Although, she still cleaned up pretty nice and you can really only see the pin striping in the black plastic pieces when you look closely.

Petthefish

Wow that looks great we use to have a Jeep Patriot the trail rated FDII model and them little jeeps will surprise you off road.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I want one so bad. A local dealer just got one in and every time I pass it I dream of buying it lol.

LOL!! They are a lot of fun and if you can afford it, I would highly recommend it. :yup:

My wife actually wants to look at one of these in the next few months, in you opinion how would car seats be in the renegade? 2/3? Back seat width with doors closed?

You need to know that there's just as much room if not a tad bit more sitting inside of a Renegade than there is in a JK Wrangler. The back seats are super comfortable with tons of head room too. If you can fit a car seat in your JK, you can fit one in a Renegade with room to spare.

That's better then the sales brochure for these things. :yup::thumb:

LOL!! Thank you.

Interior looks great! The outside makes me want to barf, it's super ugly. Main reason for buying this?

To each their own. We love the look of the Renegade inside and out and love what it was made for. I already have 2 extremely built up JK's and don't need this to be what they are. This is a perfect Jeep to go exploring in.

RedSyndrome

This looks like a fun little trail runner. Great for exploring ghost towns in Nevada or fishing in the Sierras. I agree it it ugly, but so ugly it is cute. LOL. I like it. Looks like a great little toy. If the gas mileage is good enough, I might switch it out for my commuter.
Thanks for the great review.:thumb:

CombatDiver

I can understand having two JKs already (clearly you share that enthusiasm with the rest of us) and I can respect your liking this one. For me however it only solidified my first impression of it looking like a Fiat trying to be a Jeep. It's okay, ask my wife and kids, I think every car out there wants to be a Jeep (most especially a Wrangler). I'm sure that little engine is going to make for some great fuel efficiency which I know we all accept it is going to be horrible whenever we buy a Wrangler but we'll see how this does. Just the same, thank you very much for sharing some great pictures, yes they do rival all those already available and save me valuable time test driving Jeeps, it's just fun no matter your Jeep(s) to feel that brand new unadulterated feel that only a brand new Jeep can give you.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This looks like a fun little trail runner. Great for exploring ghost towns in Nevada or fishing in the Sierras. I agree it it ugly, but so ugly it is cute. LOL. I like it. Looks like a great little toy. If the gas mileage is good enough, I might switch it out for my commuter.
Thanks for the great review.:thumb:

Yup, that's exactly what we got it for and it does get really good MPG. Here's a link to the very first run we did with it and still managed to average over 24 MPG. :yup:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...ada-in-Renny-Our-2015-Jeep-Renegade-Trailhawk

This thing really is pretty cool!

Thanks, we think so and are super glad we got one :yup:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Actually, these were taking the day after we brought Renny home. Although, she still cleaned up pretty nice and you can really only see the pin striping in the black plastic pieces when you look closely.

Thought so lol, remembered seeing her bumper kissed a rock.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thought so lol, remembered seeing her bumper kissed a rock.

LOL! Oh yeah, kissed it is right. Fortunately, I was able to pop it back out and really, it doesn't look too bad. You can only really see it if you get down low and get a closer look.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429898273.432744.jpg

Top Bottom