Hard rock Ocala, FL

Jeeplife101

Would like to drive Up there today or tomorrow for a little fun. If anyone is interested let me know. I've never been there before but have heard great things. Would be nice to go with a fellow Jeeper who's been there before

TwistedJK

I'm trying to get a small group of guys around here to go within the next few weeks. Can't go this weekend due to jeep beach, but if you'd like I'll shoot you a pm when we go. Most likely it will be May 9 or 10.

Hard Rock is great. If you search for Hard Rock Ocala you will see a couple of my video's from there along with a list of folks who went last year. For a trip to Ocala you need a good month to month in a half for people to plan.

R/
Will

Jeeplife101

I'm trying to get a small group of guys around here to go within the next few weeks. Can't go this weekend due to jeep beach, but if you'd like I'll shoot you a pm when we go. Most likely it will be May 9 or 10.

Definitely, I'll keep my eye out for the pm.

Jeeplife101

Hard Rock is great. If you search for Hard Rock Ocala you will see a couple of my video's from there along with a list of folks who went last year. For a trip to Ocala you need a good month to month in a half for people to plan.

R/
Will

Yes I already did, great video too. The place looks like a lot of fun. What do you say we start planing for a trip. I'm a newbie and can't wait to go on a jeep outing with other jeepers and could definitely appreciate good advice from experienced drivers.

TwistedJK

Yes I already did, great video too. The place looks like a lot of fun. What do you say we start planing for a trip. I'm a newbie and can't wait to go on a jeep outing with other jeepers and could definitely appreciate good advice from experienced drivers.

I'm definately in, but I wouldn't call myself an expert by any means lol. I can probably get 3-5 guys to go with us.

I would love to help you set up a trip, however a 2 day drive is a bit far for Hard Rock. Take a look at how I set up the trip and go with it.

It is easy.

R/
Will

MIURA

I'm in to see when you guys go. I'm at UF so it's a 20min drive for me, and during the summer I'll be an hour away. If you guys plan something on a different thread please PM me, I've been to HardRock twice already, no where near an expert but I know where the paths go and where the hard stuff is

Sounds awesome. I guess see when your guys can all go and let's pick a day .

If you can get a small group of three to four Jeeps it is a lot of fun. Anything more there will be a lot of waiting. Also if there has been a lot of rain it is really swampy and nasty. Swamp mud is had to clean up.

MIURA

HardRock when it rains is SKETCHY. The Rollercoaster is steep and with turns, drops straight into a lake and if it's raining/wet it's pretty much a "controlled slide" all the way down (as many others at HardRock have called it) hoping you don't end up in the water. Some hills we couldn't do the first time I went cause it was raining, we were just sliding all over the place. Went again last weekend while it was nice and sunny and we climbed all of them no issues (barely stepping on the gas, on 33s without airing down). I say if you have 37s+ with lockers, it can be a lot of fun when it's wet (be ready for some damage though). In the dry you can have plenty of fun with stockies.

Jeeplife101

HardRock when it rains is SKETCHY. The Rollercoaster is steep and with turns, drops straight into a lake and if it's raining/wet it's pretty much a "controlled slide" all the way down (as many others at HardRock have called it) hoping you don't end up in the water. Some hills we couldn't do the first time I went cause it was raining, we were just sliding all over the place. Went again last weekend while it was nice and sunny and we climbed all of them no issues (barely stepping on the gas, on 33s without airing down). I say if you have 37s+ with lockers, it can be a lot of fun when it's wet (be ready for some damage though). In the dry you can have plenty of fun with stockies.

Yeah hopefully it stays dry for us, cleaning lbs of swamp mud off doesn't sound too fun lol.

TwistedJK

I can go next weekend

Wish I could go this coming weekend.

Still trying to get everyone together for the 9th or 10th. It's looking more like it'll be on the 10th, Sunday. if this won't work for anyone, just let me know. One of my friends child's birthday is the 9th I forgot about.

georgi.photo

I used to live near Ocala. Never new there was crawling to be done there. Didn't have my jeep back then but will hit the trails when visiting Fam.

MIURA

I'm 90% sure I can make it on the 10th but I'm gonna have to confirm later this week, maybe I can bring a buddy with me also.. Wanna bring my dad since I've been a bunch and he's never been able to make it

TwistedJK

If anyone goes this weekend let me know too. I may be able to go then too. The rain hasn't let up here in Daytona yet and it doesn't look like it will any time soon. As much fun as mudding is, I hate cleaning it off lol. I'll still go though.

Top Bottom