What bump stop

Ah2014jk

Just a general question that is a 2 parter

1 - with 3.5" RK springs on a 2 Dr I'm guessing I'll end closer to 4.25-4.5" flat fenders and 40" tires and rancho 9000s, what size front and rear bump stops should I order?

2- if I decide to go air bumps what length cans and bumps there?

Just general advice as I find it a pain to take springs out to change the front

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
They are busy little guys, first make sure you have enough so your coils don't over compress and go solid. That'll prevent them from sagging.
Then enough so your shocks don't bottom out. I don't know which ones you have, (compressed length)
Then enough to keep your tires safe from sheet metal. Full lock probably going to rub on your grill also.
Hard to say exactly. Probably around 3" to 4" with 40" and lots of grinding.

Ah2014jk

They are busy little guys, first make sure you have enough so your coils don't over compress and go solid. That'll prevent them from sagging.
Then enough so your shocks don't bottom out. I don't know which ones you have, (compressed length)
Then enough to keep your tires safe from sheet metal. Full lock probably going to rub on your grill also.
Hard to say exactly. Probably around 3" to 4" with 40" and lots of grinding.

Thanks buddy. Do you know I the evo ones would work ( length wise ) from northridge ?

GR8WHITE

I would say you would need 4 to 5 inches all the way around. I would buy a pack of hokey pucks and start with 4 in the front. (a standard ice hockey puck is 1 inch tall) If you rub add another one...

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Thanks buddy. Do you know I the evo ones would work ( length wise ) from northridge ?

I would guess so. Try disconnecting and cycle your suspension. Get some measurements before you buy some. Maybe someone with 40's and proper bump stops will chime in. As far as air bumps, I have zero experience.

Top Bottom