Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 rubicon unlimited leather seat issue

2015 rubicon unlimited leather seat issue

As the title says I have a 2015 rubicon. It has the dark saddle leather and I've noticed that after about 3000 miles the divers seat has what looks like a wear mark this is on the left side of the seat just above the seat adjustment. Looks like the color has worn off. Anyone else have this issue? Should I take it to the dealer or is this normal wear.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mine looks very similar with the black leather interior. This is caused by the seat side compressing as you enter/exit the Jeep. The leather folds down and makes contact with the recline mechanism.

A little discoloration is normal, however, keep your eye out for a crack/cut in the leather. I've seen the issue talked about a few times and it is usually covered under warranty.
    2014 Unlimited Rubicon
    Mauser's Build Thread

Yes, I have a 2015 Sahara JKU and noticed the same thing last week! It looks like the coloring wore off in a line just as yours did with a black interior.

So it seems as though this is a normal wear thing. Anyone heard of the seat splitting after extended time? If so would this fall under a warranty issue.

My '14 JKUR had the same problem. I had a buddy hold back the seat while I took a small carbide burr bit in my angle grinder and put a hefty chamfer on the edge of the handle. I also sanded everything down smooth after. This has seemed to help some so far. It'll still leave a small mark after awhile...but nothing like before. A hefty douse of leather conditioner always cleans it up.

Are you conditioning your leather regularly? I have found this to be the #1 MOST effective way to keep wear from showing on ANY leather vehical seat. Just because "it's a jeep" doesn't mean you don't need to clean/condition and "detail" your leather...

I'm anal about all my vehicles. Inside and out gets detailed every wash...which is about once a week for the Jeep. Keeping them conditioned might be the reason why I can "wipe" this mark away, but it still shows up after about a week.

I'm seeing the same thing in my 15. I have also noticed that unless you got the premium leather upgrade as a $2000 option which is basically a Katskinz cover the seats are only leather trimmed. Most of it is vinyl anyways. I think the only real leather is the two center sections. I've also noticed the stitching starts to pull apart on the bottom of the seat where your butt sits. So if your window sticker says $1300 leather trimmed seats, not much is really leather. Just something I've noticed. I'm trying to keep them conditioned well.
    Not "living" but "loving" life always!

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...-build-thread!

The vinyl cracks and tears over time, which is why I wouldn't pay the extra money for "leather" in a wrangler.
    Last edited by Sharkey; 05-01-2015 at 12:57 AM.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    The vinyl cracks and tear over time, which is why I wouldn't pay the extra money for "leather" in a wrangler.
    Exactly, I would recommend if you must have leather, buy cloth and get some Katskinz. They seem to hold up much better!
    Not "living" but "loving" life always!

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...-build-thread!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast