Wheel Spacers

tdougherty81

Will Discount Tire locations service vehicles with wheel spacers installed? I know a few years ago they wouldn't touch my truck with them installed, just wondering if that changed.

I went to my local dealership to have the oil changed and tires rotated with spacers and not an issue. Just food for thought.

Napalm

That doesn't make sense. Either way you're extending the hub.

They probably want you to buy their wheels.

Exactly.

I love DT, great Christian based company. They've always done me right and offer great prices plus customer service, I just don't understand that rule they have.

Discount Tire

We don't recommend the use of wheel spacers, we believe proper offset wheels are a better option, but we do work on vehicles with them if they meet certain conditions.

1. The wheel spacers have to be installed before the vehicle comes in for service. We will not install them.
  2. The wheel and tire combination has to be approved for each other. This means, the tire has to be approved for the wheel width and for the vehicle's load rating.
  3. The wheel spacers need to be bolt on style and they need to be hub centric.
  4. The lug nuts must have proper thread engagement.

Last edited:

ArmyofMike

We don't recommend the use of wheel spacers, we believe proper offset wheels are a better option,but we do work on vehicles with them if they meet certain conditions.

1. The wheel spacers have to be installed before the vehicle comes in for service. We will not install them.
  2. The wheel and tire combination has to be approved for each other. This means, the tire has to be approved for the wheel width and for the vehicle's load rating.

Good to know. Thank you for the feedback.

tdougherty81

We don't recommend the use of wheel spacers, we believe proper offset wheels are a better option, but we do work on vehicles with them if they meet certain conditions.

Thank you for the info.

Top Bottom