swaybar end links squeaking

Wethy

as the title states i was going to swap my 2.5" quick discos into my unlifted jk to use on an up coming run. i however noticed that with no lift it seems like it'd rub the tubes coming through the frame. so i didnt. i reinstalled the stock links and now it squeaks like a banshee! how do i remedy this? it was on level ground when i tightened them up. maybe i over tightened them? i didnt have a torque wrench handy when i tightened em so i just cranked em down to what they felt like when i broke em loose. any suggestions?
drives fine. just squeaks :S

TomJK

Eh just take em off for good... Makes city driving more exciting! :wings:

But if that's not your particular kettle of fish... Perhaps try spraying a little wd40 on the ends? I don't think that could hurt. Or maybe disconnect them again, and make sure the surfaces are clean. I had a squeaking problem after putting in a new link. I actually needed to tighten it more.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
as the title states i was going to swap my 2.5" quick discos into my unlifted jk to use on an up coming run. i however noticed that with no lift it seems like it'd rub the tubes coming through the frame. so i didnt. i reinstalled the stock links and now it squeaks like a banshee! how do i remedy this? it was on level ground when i tightened them up. maybe i over tightened them? i didnt have a torque wrench handy when i tightened em so i just cranked em down to what they felt like when i broke em loose. any suggestions?
drives fine. just squeaks :S

Your axle is not centered if it rubs those tubes. Not a big deal just cut the end of the tube.

Wethy

Your axle is not centered if it rubs those tubes. Not a big deal just cut the end of the tube.

Ha ha it doesnt rub now the sway bar just barely misses both sides of the tube. I guess it could need to be tightened more maybe cant get a torque wrench on it to see the torque on it

Wethy

Update no more squeak cranked em down some more cycled the suspension and is now gone. New question though can you/is it safe to press out the sleeve in the stock link and run the quick disco pins? Is it even possible to press out the factory sleeves lol

Top Bottom