Thread: swaybar end links squeaking

swaybar end links squeaking

as the title states i was going to swap my 2.5" quick discos into my unlifted jk to use on an up coming run. i however noticed that with no lift it seems like it'd rub the tubes coming through the frame. so i didnt. i reinstalled the stock links and now it squeaks like a banshee! how do i remedy this? it was on level ground when i tightened them up. maybe i over tightened them? i didnt have a torque wrench handy when i tightened em so i just cranked em down to what they felt like when i broke em loose. any suggestions?
    drives fine. just squeaks :S

Eh just take em off for good... Makes city driving more exciting!

But if that's not your particular kettle of fish... Perhaps try spraying a little wd40 on the ends? I don't think that could hurt. Or maybe disconnect them again, and make sure the surfaces are clean. I had a squeaking problem after putting in a new link. I actually needed to tighten it more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wethy View Post
    as the title states i was going to swap my 2.5" quick discos into my unlifted jk to use on an up coming run. i however noticed that with no lift it seems like it'd rub the tubes coming through the frame. so i didnt. i reinstalled the stock links and now it squeaks like a banshee! how do i remedy this? it was on level ground when i tightened them up. maybe i over tightened them? i didnt have a torque wrench handy when i tightened em so i just cranked em down to what they felt like when i broke em loose. any suggestions?
    drives fine. just squeaks :S
    Your axle is not centered if it rubs those tubes. Not a big deal just cut the end of the tube.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    Your axle is not centered if it rubs those tubes. Not a big deal just cut the end of the tube.

Ha ha it doesnt rub now the sway bar just barely misses both sides of the tube. I guess it could need to be tightened more maybe cant get a torque wrench on it to see the torque on it
    '14 JK Sport Anvil 6-Spd 3.73 gearing
    Installed:
    -Rubicon Express 2.5" lift with monotube shocks
    - Cobra Cb 18 WX STII
    - 285/70/17 Duratracs
    - 1.5" G2 Wheel Spacers
    - Rigid Dually Spots
    - Poison Spyder A-Pillar Mounts
    -RC 2.5" swaybar disco's

Awaiting Install:
    -

Update no more squeak cranked em down some more cycled the suspension and is now gone. New question though can you/is it safe to press out the sleeve in the stock link and run the quick disco pins? Is it even possible to press out the factory sleeves lol
    '14 JK Sport Anvil 6-Spd 3.73 gearing
    Installed:
    -Rubicon Express 2.5" lift with monotube shocks
    - Cobra Cb 18 WX STII
    - 285/70/17 Duratracs
    - 1.5" G2 Wheel Spacers
    - Rigid Dually Spots
    - Poison Spyder A-Pillar Mounts
    -RC 2.5" swaybar disco's

Awaiting Install:
    -