Help!!! Best way to clean mud out of jeep.

bigtrucker52

It's a simple fix get seat covers that you can easily take off or get water proof seats and take the carpets out and bedline the inside of your tub so all you have to do is just rinse everything off! That's what i'm about to do

DH2002

Baby oil in a spray bottle. Next time before you go out spray the plastic the mud will spray right off.

Last edited:

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
Hmm bedlining the inside sounds like a great idea actually.... Is there any tutorial on how to do it?

Just go get a few poof cans of spray on bed liner. Tape off everything really well and remove seats. Rough up the paint with sand paper and clean well. Then have fun and go to town. When it scratches or wears down just re spray. Took me about a half a day with good sun light and 8 cans depending on how thick you apply.

bigtrucker52

Idk! I'm considering getting mine bed lined inside and outside since it doesn't scratch nearly as easily as the paint when you're going offroad and under brush and stuff

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430752981.278840.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430752990.813578.jpg

Before and after of a test section I did.

People have good pro and con arguments to do it or not. Having heat issues and it tends to collect some dirt in the little ridges. I'm in NC and have had no heat problems. As for the dirt once it dries it just shop vacs out then I apply a spray cleaner and it's good as new.

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
But to get mud out of seats and carpet. Let it dry then shop vac it, then follow up with a carpet cleaner.

TCMguy

There is a least one WOL video that illustrates washing mud of a Jeep. I would mention that the radiator should be washed carefully as the mud can interfere with it's cooling efficiency. One should also be careful and use a gentle cleaning method as high pressure jets of water can damage a radiator.

TwistedJK

It always takes me 2-3 good washes to get all the mud off. I learned real quick to never have the top down or windows open while playing in it too. Seat covers are great too as mentioned above.

Top Bottom