2015 Alpine Sub Low-Pass Filter... Need Advice

TJeep_1999

So overall I'm pretty happy with the Alpine speaker upgrade. It seems the latest itteration (2014+ I think) is quite a bit better then the generation before IMHO, but I do have a slight gripe with the sub. It seems to hit on just about every frequency. I have compensated for this by turning down the bass a bit on the head unit, but ideally I would like it to be loud, but only hit on the lower frequencies... it seems like it's playing a lot of mid range as well. I can live with it either way, but I was wondering if anyone else noticed this or had a fix/way to add a low-pass filter to the sub that isn't too invasive/expensive. Thanks in advance!

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
So overall I'm pretty happy with the Alpine speaker upgrade. It seems the latest itteration (2014+ I think) is quite a bit better then the generation before IMHO, but I do have a slight gripe with the sub. It seems to hit on just about every frequency. I have compensated for this by turning down the bass a bit on the head unit, but ideally I would like it to be loud, but only hit on the lower frequencies... it seems like it's playing a lot of mid range as well. I can live with it either way, but I was wondering if anyone else noticed this or had a fix/way to add a low-pass filter to the sub that isn't too invasive/expensive. Thanks in advance!

You could add a crossover LPF back by the pilar and hide it fairly well and keep the stock look. Would need to splice and just add it inline though.

Top Bottom