Wounded Warrior Project

n3tfury

Very interesting. Be sure to read some of those comments in that article too. Thanks for the post.

JK_Epidimick

That's just sad. When I found out they only use something like 15% towards the vets I lost respect. Now to just sue everyone with wounded warrior in the name or a silhouette is ridiculous and wrong. So much for helping vets.

USMCvet

Banned
I'm a 100% disabled veteran. The Wounded Warrior Project has become a bloated bureaucracy like no other in recent history. I'd ask them for non- monetary assistance navigating the VA application process for a grant to remodel the bathroom in my home to handicap accessible about a year ago. What I got was a photo copy of a form mailed to me. What I wanted and clearly relayed to them was help with the language in the online form on the VA website application. I ended up submitting it myself and of course, I'm still waiting for the grant - project has been done out of pocket for 6 months now.

georgi.photo

Unfortunately, truth is that the majority of charities are equally guilty of this. Not saying giving to charity is a bad thing, it is just incumbent on oneself to do as much research as possible to be able to feel comfortable giving.

https://www.charitywatch.org/home

This is a great check site. Look up your charity and see what grade they get on how they spend your money

TheStick

Unfortunately, truth is that the majority of charities are equally guilty of this. Not saying giving to charity is a bad thing, it is just incumbent on oneself to do as much research as possible to be able to feel comfortable giving.

https://www.charitywatch.org/home

This is a great check site. Look up your charity and see what grade they get on how they spend your money

Absolutely. Just need to do your research. Whenever possible local organizations tend to have lower OH and get more of the money to the people they seek to serve.

big dr

I can attest to this as well. My friend, a retired navy seal(wounded), and fireman, who started his lighting company tried to work out a donation program with Wounded Warriors whereby they would get proceeds from every light sold. They were so difficult to deal with he finally gave up. He then did the research and discovered they are very inefficient in their financial assistance to wounded vets.

DH2002

WWP started off good with helping troops but like a lot of charities that get big, they become too political and too much like a business... That's why now I usually stick with smaller organizations or give the donations directly

USMCvet

Banned
I can attest to this as well. My friend, a retired navy seal(wounded), and fireman, who started his lighting company tried to work out a donation program with Wounded Warriors whereby they would get proceeds from every light sold. They were so difficult to deal with he finally gave up. He then did the research and discovered they are very inefficient in their financial assistance to wounded vets.

I absolutely agree.

Pyro1415

Yeah I like the uso wwp center in lrmc they actually help and I used to volunteer there. But yeah even organization that contribute cap early. Like camelback water bottles they donate 15 cents per purchase (18 dollars or more, they cost 6 more than normal) and cap at like 1 million a year.

Top Bottom