Axle Housing Question

D.B.

By adding a good complete brace and sleeve kit to stock Rubicon axle housings (front and rear) as well as upgrading the axles.....will this give me the strength and reliability needed to wheel 37" tires without having to "go easy" on the trails?

From what I have gathered/researched this seems to be a less expensive option than purchasing two new Aftermarket housings.

JKbrick

Put some c gussets on and save the rest of your money, start saving for Dynatrac axles you will be ahead in the long run

Speeddmn

By adding a good complete brace and sleeve kit to stock Rubicon axle housings (front and rear) as well as upgrading the axles.....will this give me the strength and reliability needed to wheel 37" tires without having to "go easy" on the trails?

From what I have gathered/researched this seems to be a less expensive option than purchasing two new Aftermarket housings.

And what would this cost you? Pretty sure a PR44 is in the 3k range depending on upgrades you do to it. To break this down, to buy all the stuff to "reinforce" the stock Dana 44 will be in the neighborhood of 6-800? Selling the stock housing will net you in the 1k-1300 range. So that in turn is almost 2 grand roughly toward a new axle.

Smart money is just spend the 200 bucks for "C's" welded on and wheel. Save some money and line up a buyer for the stock axle.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
C gussets is all you really need. Front and rear shafts would be a good upgrade as well till you save for something better.

Top Bottom