Dana 60 Front Axle Options

Spudcannons

I am looking into 1Ton axles. Is anyone running the Currier Rock Jock? Compared to Dynatrac or Teraflex ect.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I believe dynatrac have the best warranty and track record out of all these options

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ask Randy that's on all the JKX videos, he kept blowing up Currie Rock Jocks. He's now running Dynatrac

This ^^^

Randy WAS running Rock Jocks and wanted to believe they were the best money could buy but now runs Dynatrac ProRocks for a reason.

Do you know anyone who is running the mopar one I have been waiting to hear some reviews on it.

Not too many people I know who are willing to buy something as expensive as an axle when it doesn't even come with a warranty.

As far as TeraFlex goes, I personally wouldn't buy an axle from a company that specializes in suspension components especially when they can't even do that right.

ttfhell

This ^^^

Randy WAS running Rock Jocks and wanted to believe they were the best money could buy but now runs Dynatrac ProRocks for a reason.

Not too many people I know who are willing to buy something as expensive as an axle when it doesn't even come with a warranty.

As far as TeraFlex goes, I personally wouldn't buy an axle from a company that specializes in suspension components especially when they can't even do that right.

On top that Randy blew his ring and pinion on his first trip and they wouldn't warranty it. Or the next time he did it. He was told he wheeled too hard. Brand new axles! Dynatrac has a 12,000 mile no questions asked warranty. Rockjock essentially has none.

Spudcannons

On top that Randy blew his ring and pinion on his first trip and they wouldn't warranty it. Or the next time he did it. He was told he wheeled too hard. Brand new axles! Dynatrac has a 12,000 mile no questions asked warranty. Rockjock essentially has none.

Well that solves that. No Rockjock for me. I guess I'll have to pony up for the Dynatrac and maybe wait on getting a Triumph Dayton 675R :naw: how many hobbies can you really have I guess...

Danger

Out of curiosity ,was that rock jock a g2 combo?did it have standard 60 axles and ring and pinion.

big dr

You will not regret Dynatrac axles. There is great piece of mind KNOWING you can throttle up, bounce, beat on, drag, and basically abuse your axle and it will not fail!!:thumb:

Rascal3

This ^^^

Thanks Eddie, no warranty, that's no product I would want.

Danger

The ring and pinion and shafts broke so yeah, I would say that's the problem.

Point was, shafts can be upgraded, no matter what housing you use. There's a ton of rock jock housings out there getting the job done. 300 m 35 spline cromo shafts, Yukon gears, or RCV can be a huge upgrade to any one ton housing.

computeruser6

The Dynatrac ProRock housings and Currie RockJock housings all use reverse-cut (stronger in a front application and weaker in a rear), thick gearsets right? The manufacturer for the ring and pinion can be specified by the customer and it's not as if either Dynatrac or Currie make gears, so what did Currie do to make gears fail? Is it common for gears to fail in RockJock housings?

Dean454

The Dynatrac ProRock housings and Currie RockJock housings all use reverse-cut (stronger in a front application and weaker in a rear), thick gearsets right? The manufacturer for the ring and pinion can be specified by the customer and it's not as if either Dynatrac or Currie make gears, so what did Currie do to make gears fail? Is it common for gears to fail in RockJock housings?

Agreed. Neither company makes the internals they both outsource so to say rock jock 60 is inferior is unfair. I never saw Randy bust the housing only the interior.

Top Bottom