JK on fire!

BlackHabuJKU12

This year I've seen lots of pictures posted on Facebook pages, from Jeep club/chapters viewers of unfortunate owners who were victims of what appears to be electrical fires.

Who out there has taken their JK to the dealer for the recall to fix the heated mirror issue?

Benny

I just had mine in for the Mirror and transmission cooler/ PS line recall as well as some TSB on the transmission shift controller software update...got a free car wash out of the deal.

BlackHabuJKU12

Good info, I just called the dealer, they have parts on hand to do both the heated mirror and transmission tube recall.

@ Benny What is this software update you mentioned?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I had an appointment for the mirror recall, but I forgot to go. I'll get it done soon. Already have the transmission line taken care of.

Benny

@ Benny What is this software update you mentioned?

Invoice states "Confirm flash available for TCM record TSB or LOP provided by Witech. Record updated part no. Checked software level to transmission control module, updated transmission control module and relearned features as necessary."

I was in getting the 60K transmission service so not sure if that had anything to do with that. Service writer said there was an update available so they went ahead and performed that.

Seems like every oil change there is some update to the software available for the jeep. Dealer doesn't charge for it and the Jeep is still going without issues so who knows.

Wardell

If any of you want to run your VIN to see if there is a recall for your vehicle, you can check on FCA's website here:

https://www.moparownerconnect.com/oc/us/en-us/sub/Pages/RecallsQuery.aspx

View attachment 141368
This the one that got my attention.

Wow, I wonder what caused that one. The mirror and most of the door looks intact, so it doesn't appear to be the heated mirror issue. I could be wrong though. Looks like they managed to put it out in a hurry at least. I wonder if it can be salvaged or if it's a write off?

Top Bottom