JKU Lift options and Advice

awinterstale

Howdy!

I am currently looking for a 2012 and newer JKU. I want to purchase it stock and build it myself. I have owned a couple of YJ's and older International Scouts, but this will be my first coil sprung 4x4.

I wanted to get some opinions on what brands of lifts are recommended and why. I am planning on running 37's and regearing to 4:88 or possibly 5:13. This will be a daily driver also. any advice?

thanks!

Spudcannons

Howdy!

I am currently looking for a 2012 and newer JKU. I want to purchase it stock and build it myself. I have owned a couple of YJ's and older International Scouts, but this will be my first coil sprung 4x4.

I wanted to get some opinions on what brands of lifts are recommended and why. I am planning on running 37's and regearing to 4:88 or possibly 5:13. This will be a daily driver also. any advice?

thanks!

I just installed an EVO long arm and love it. I'm running 35" tires and will be gearing to 4.88's ASAP. I would go 5.13 for 37", local club gave me the recommendations on the gearing as well as some Wayalifers. One major consideration is what you are willing to spend and are you willing to upgrade your front axle?

awinterstale

I just installed an EVO long arm and love it. I'm running 35" tires and will be gearing to 4.88's ASAP. I would go 5.13 for 37", local club gave me the recommendations on the gearing as well as some Wayalifers. One major consideration is what you are willing to spend and are you willing to upgrade your front axle?

thanks spudcannons. i'm willing to spend the money to put on the right kit that will last and i don't need to upgrade every year. at some point i would beef up the front axle, but i am looking at rubicon's so i think a dana 44 in the front will be fine for weekend wheelin'

Spudcannons

thanks spudcannons. i'm willing to spend the money to put on the right kit that will last and i don't need to upgrade every year. at some point i would beef up the front axle, but i am looking at rubicon's so i think a dana 44 in the front will be fine for weekend wheelin'

I would say it would be good enough for 37" tires if you don't beat on it like i do :cheesy: but with 37"+ tires on a jeep weighing 4500lbs+ jeep you will break things. My 35" tires and beadlocks weigh about 100lbs, stock weight about 70lbs. That's a 33.333% increase in weight is a lot more force. I think it's about 120lbs for a 37" on the same wheels :idontknow: If you are trying to do it right, do it once and don't mind the expense go Duratrac Dana 60's.

With unlimited money I would go with:
Dyntrac full float 80's for 40"s- D60 front with floater rear 80(probably overkill a D60 semi is probably enough) on 37"
ARB air locks with vlair dual pumps and 5 gallon tank
ATX slabs(which I have and love if you are looking for wheels)
Might as well do a big brake kit, wilwood makes nice kits
EVO long arm
EVO coils with double throw down

Also don't forget your armor and skids! I would start here, better safe then sorry.

Top Bottom