Canadian Wave!!

CanuckJKU

Hi everybody,

New here from Montreal, Quebec.

Got my first Wrangler, a '14 JKU Sahara, last October and really enjoy it. Went on the trail 3 weeks later, then realized I should have traded my '10 liberty earlier haha.

After the purchase I spotted lots of rust on the knuckle, diff and drive shaft parts. I know its surface rust but since the dealer was not helpful at all I decided I resolve the problem myself. I cleaned, degreased, treated the rust and painted the parts with epoxy based paint. It was Probably a good idea with endless winter we had. It was still snowing like 3 weeks ago....

2014-10-26%2016.01.40_zpslpootazo.jpg

20141026_154541_zpswclo0e5l.jpg

I installed some Duratrac before the winter and 3 or 4 others things. Next thing is to complete my tow setup. We haul a little pop-up trailer (2,200 lbs). I will install the brake controller and the friction anti-sway bar for sure. I have got the Mopar 7 pin wiring kit that I'm supposed to install soon.

I installed my soft top yesterday night and did my first ride, no doors, no windows this morning, effing awesome!!

20150508_065129_zpsmftzxoxd.jpg

For the mod, I'm aiming a 2.5" Teraflex BB lift by the end of the year and probably a set of led headlight and light bar. Time will tell!

Yup, it sums my wrangler experience so far.

Cheers! :rock:

CanuckJKU

Thanks guys!

For now I'm wheeling around St-Donat, the Montagne Noire trail is perfect for stockies like me and me Jeep buddy.
The main trail is pretty easy, but it has some "by-pass" with more difficult pass to try.

20141012_132948_zpsdjbazwal.jpg

20141012_144744_12828_zpsmb67ylo3.jpg

20141012_143339_zpsjhabplqu.jpg

20141012_190313_LLS_zpst7mtig24.jpg

We had a blast!

Since you guys come from Ontario, we are looking to camp around sandbanks for the vacation. Any idea of activities to do in addition to the beach?
We will be 2 couples with kids.

Cheers,

TCMguy

I don't know the area that well for now as we do most of our recreational travelling up North. I will be taking a course and getting some mods done at a place called offtheroad in Trenton in a few weeks so I'll probably know better by then. Send me a pm so I can put this on my "to do" list.

CandAMudders

I don't know the area that well for now as we do most of our recreational travelling up North. I will be taking a course and getting some mods done at a place called offtheroad in Trenton in a few weeks so I'll probably know better by then. Send me a pm so I can put this on my "to do" list.

Hey TCM

Let me know how that OfftheRoad course went. I looked into it a couple of years back but never could arrange a session. Looks interesting. Have fun. You going on any of the organized trailruns this year? Go Topless Day?

TCMguy

Hey TCM

Let me know how that OfftheRoad course went. I looked into it a couple of years back but never could arrange a session. Looks interesting. Have fun. You going on any of the organized trailruns this year? Go Topless Day?

Hello CandAMudders ,

Which organized trailruns are you referring to ?

Top Bottom