Insurance question

bigtrucker52

Hey everyone! I have a quick insurance question. I know that once you lift your jeep you have to get it re-instated with your insurance company. I'm considering getting a 3" from a 4 door to put on my 2 door later on this summer to run with 35s. If i were to cut my stock fenders and get wheel spacers and put 35s on at first without the lift do i need to get it re-instated or whatever its called? Or do i do it just when i get a lift and then do it again when i add a bunch of the rest of the stuff i'm going to do to it? Thanks

gradymeister

Not sure about re-instating, but some companies will drop you just for the lift. I got dropped by costco (Ameriprise) just for buying an already lifted jeep. I know that doesn't answer your question but just a side note I guess.

Don't know if this helps any, but I had a Silverado with a 6" lift. Never told the insurance company any mods that I had on that truck. No problems from them at all and I had GEICO

BlackHawk08jk

Hey everyone! I have a quick insurance question. I know that once you lift your jeep you have to get it re-instated with your insurance company. I'm considering getting a 3" from a 4 door to put on my 2 door later on this summer to run with 35s. If i were to cut my stock fenders and get wheel spacers and put 35s on at first without the lift do i need to get it re-instated or whatever its called? Or do i do it just when i get a lift and then do it again when i add a bunch of the rest of the stuff i'm going to do to it? Thanks

My insurance company has seen my jeep in person(4" lift 35s and only front fenders) they didn't say anything about it. They didn't even ask about any of the mods

OscarMike2.0

My insurance company has seen my jeep in person(4" lift 35s and only front fenders) they didn't say anything about it. They didn't even ask about any of the mods

Yah I think for the most part it doesnt matter if you dont tell them. As far as my insurance knows Im still stock.

greggnj

I don't have a lift but I did email my insurance company awhile back to ask if I was covered for my accessories. They said it was covered up to (I think) $2000. If I get a lift or bumpers I'll check back and see what I need to do to be covered.

Jackal01

I didn't have to do anything with insurance once it was lifted. All they require are receipts if I need to make a claim. I also don't pay anything more for having the toys. Amica seems like a good company.

Last edited:

PJF14

I just recently went through this with my Insurance company (New Jersey Manufactures). I explained to them that I had a lot of money invested in my jeep with a lot of extra add on's. I had to provide them with a detailed list and a copy of every invoice for everything I added. Thankfully I had most of them. I had to call a few places Northridge4x4 and Quadratec and they were great in helping me get my invoices I didn't have. I thought maybe my Insurance company would want to take a look at my jeep but they didn't. After about two weeks I received a notice that I was insured for all of my add on's, I just had to pay an additional premium. About $250 more a year which I was ok with.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom