Pretty fortunate today...

catahoula

Caught the Bug
My wife was headed to work for her over an hour long commute. On the way she something was in the road she could not avoid. Ripped open the oil pan and gas tank. We have AAA which is an awesome service they came to pick car up and I met them there to get her to get a rental. Highly recommend them. No pics. Called insurance and looks like they might be able to cover most of it. Very, very happy nothing happened to her. The car is replaceable she is not. Could have been much worse. Just a reminder to be careful out there when traveling.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Glad she's safe! Like you said, metal and plastic can be replaced. Family can't.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Thanks guys. Some crazy shit. When I pulled up it was already on the flat bed..civic by the way. Looked underneath and the gas was dripping out from the tank and fron the front back you see all the oil. She said once she hit it the oil light came on and she pulled over. Have insurance looking at it. Claim guy called and asked where it was. To him towed to stealership. He said we should have taken to one of their places. I said Where in the fuck is that when you are kinda out in the middle of nowhere. You would think the stealership would be the best choice. Oh well, we will see what happens.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Glad she's okay. :yup:
Insurance company's suck.
Hour commute? ouch! :grayno:

thardy

Banned
Glad to hear she is ok. Hopefully they get it resolved for you quickly and as painless as possible.

On another note, feeling pretty fortunate myself. I decide to change my schedule of when I visited my jobs up this morning and due to that change, I luckily missed being in the same area, at the same time, on the same interstate where a plane crashed. Sad to say that the 4 passengers of the plane passed, but so thankful I made that change at the last minute this morning.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Glad to hear she is ok. Hopefully they get it resolved for you quickly and as painless as possible.

On another note, feeling pretty fortunate myself. I decide to change my schedule of when I visited my jobs up this morning and due to that change, I luckily missed being in the same area, at the same time, on the same interstate where a plane crashed. Sad to say that the 4 passengers of the plane passed, but so thankful I made that change at the last minute this morning.

Crazy lucky brother!

georgi.photo

My wife was headed to work for her over an hour long commute. On the way she something was in the road she could not avoid. Ripped open the oil pan and gas tank. We have AAA which is an awesome service they came to pick car up and I met them there to get her to get a rental. Highly recommend them. No pics. Called insurance and looks like they might be able to cover most of it. Very, very happy nothing happened to her. The car is replaceable she is not. Could have been much worse. Just a reminder to be careful out there when traveling.

Shit. That's too bad. Truly am glad all is well with the Fam.

And yes, unfortunate the plane crashed today. Glad you were able to avoid it...

jkwebbie

Good to hear that shes ok man! And insurance companies are pain in the ass! Hope everything turns out ok!

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Well got an update, but not yet finished...

Oil pump
Oil pan
Evap. canister
Gas tank
Exhaust...

Fuckity, fuck me!

I did tell my wife she needs to get a Jeep with skid plates.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Well Momma's car got totaled. She was a little upset. She wanted to get 200,000 out of it and only had 15,000 more to go. Took them long enough to do it seeing how it was a 17 year old 1998 Honda Civic she bought brand new.

Top Bottom