Show us your Tent/Pop-up Trailers Thread!

ArmyofMike

I recently bought a used 2001 Coleman/Fleetwood Niagara Elite Tent Trailer to pull behind my 2012 JKU! I plan to flip the axles to get some lift on the trailer to match my lift/tires. I also have some other plans for the trailer, but with all the bells and whistles already in it, I will only be doing some modifications and updates to the trailer.

Who else owns a Tent Trailer they pull with their JK? Let's see them and post up a bit of what you have done to yours to make it your own. I looked, but don't see a thread specific to showing Tent Trailers! Time to show off your Rig and your Home away from Home!

Mine (bringing it home in the rain on 5/7/15):
20150507_0857201_zpsdpegtdik.jpg

20150507_0857041_zps3aghyvas.jpg

You can tell by the above pictures the trailer is squatty in teh back due to my JKU lift. The Axle Flip should help this by raising it about 5-6"

The trailer is a slide-out for the dinette and has two King beds, internal/external showers, toilet, internal/external stoves, sink, plenty of storage, 13" tires, onboard water heater and other features. It also has a Rhinolined roof and front storage box-there was a problem with the ABS on these trailers, but the Rhinolining fixed that. It is VERY sturdy and solid now.

I plan to add some LED flood lights to the door side, paint more of the body with Rhinolining, Plasti-dip the rims (yes, I like it and the black on the trailer goes very nicely with my JKU). I will make a list of other mods as I go along.

Here are some more pics:
00Y0Y_5EFo0EzIOoG_600x4501_zps2u4x0mqb.jpeg

00606_gzlOOiqjfek_600x4501_zpsd8rlgqjx.jpeg

00909_7d7TuknzzgY_600x4501_zpsqlmzztmi.jpeg

00s0s_goWr43NKhrq_600x4501_zpslmlfpfcl.jpeg

00t0t_7X10jGXJVH9_600x4501_zpsmexhnhrz.jpeg

What does your Tent Trailer look like? Post them up!?

ArmyofMike

Cool thread idea. Im in the market for a pop up now too.

I searched before I posted not to duplicate a thread. LOL

I will post up after I do the axle swap/lift! This bad boys gonna be all jacked up on Mt. Dew! :crazyeyes::eek::rock:

tdougherty81

Not sure if this counts but this is a work in progress. Going to put a roof top tent on eventually.

Attachments

• 1431127835080.jpg
    1431127835080.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 174

CJW

"ArmyofMike"
The lift will definitely help out :thumb:
Whats the dry weight of your pop up? Hows the JK do towing it?

ArmyofMike

"ArmyofMike"
The lift will definitely help out :thumb:
Whats the dry weight of your pop up? Hows the JK do towing it?

Dry weight is 2750lbs and GVWR is 3350.

I'm pulling it with a 3.6L, 3.21 gears and 35's!!! It tows awesome! Take-off is slower, but not sluggish and cruising speed is a piece of cake. I haven't hit any Mt roads yet, but will take is as it comes. I also ordered a BAFX OBDII to keep track of temps and heat.

So far, I've only towed it around town a bit. I can say it feels a heck of a lot less heavy than the Search and Rescue Comm trailer I towed a few months back...that was heavy!

09blackruby

I just picked up an 07 Fleetwood Bayside this winter and we've yet to use it, no pictures of the JK towing it yet. It's very similar to the Coleman Niagara as far as layout. This is my second Fleetwood/Coleman camper as I love the large layout and king size beds. My old one had the ABS roof and it also had roof problems. I love the Rhino lining idea. I may do that on this new one just to be safe.. Anyway as the temps start to warm up around us here we're very anxious to get out. More pictures to come with Jeep but for now here's the camper:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431167612.399232.jpg

Last edited:

ArmyofMike

I just picked up an 07 Fleetwood Bayside this winter and we've yet to use it, no pictures of the JK towing it yet. It's very similar to the Coleman Niagara as far as layout. This is my second Fleetwood/Coleman camper as I love the large layout and king size beds. My old one had the ABS roof and it also had roof problems. I love the Rhino lining idea. I may do that on this new one just to be safe.. Anyway as the temps start to warm up around us here we're very anxious to get out. More pictures to come with Jeep but for now here's the camper:

Nice looking trailer. I need to get some awning track and mount mine. The last owner took it off with the Rhinolining and never replaced. It would be nice to have.

Weather looks nice here today! I'm hoping to get it out and work on it. There are so many sites of tips/mods and ideas for these!
Thanks for sharing!

09blackruby

Nice looking trailer. I need to get some awning track and mount mine. The last owner took it off with the Rhinolining and never replaced. It would be nice to have.

Weather looks nice here today! I'm hoping to get it out and work on it. There are so many sites of tips/mods and ideas for these!
Thanks for sharing!

Thank you. Yes, the awning is a nice feature if you can get one mounted up. Your going to have a blast with that thing. Enjoy..

Top Bottom