WAYALIFE EPIC TREX : Rockin Rubicon Run 2015 - July 14th-16th

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
rubicon-run-2015.jpg

Hey everyone, it's almost that time of year again and as always, Cindy and I are planning our annual WAYALIFE Rockin Rubicon Run! This trip will start on Tuesday, July 14th and will be a 3 day trip with 2 nights of camping. I should note that this will actually be a special trip being that we will have WAYALIFE members coming all the way out from the East Coast! While we are opening up this run to all WAYALIFE members, I do need to point out that for the most part, we will be signing people up on a first come first serve basis. I say for the most part because we will have minimum requirements that you will need to meet and because there are always more people who want to come than we can possibly accommodate, we will be putting a cap on this trip. Also, to help discourage a few of you from signing up, I will tell you now that we will NOT be taking ANY of the optional harder lines on this trip. Having said that, if you would like to join us out on the Rubicon, here's what you'll need to know.

Itinerary
We will be meeting up in South Lake Tahoe on Monday, July 13th and you will be required to be present for a mandatory drivers meeting at 6:00 PM. You will need to be gassed up and ready to head out to the Loon Lake trailhead on Tuesday, July 14th at 6:00 AM sharp - no exceptions. We will be camping 2 nights at Rubicon springs, coming off the trail on Thursday the 16th and heading for home on Friday the 17th. Please plan to be up in Tahoe for the duration of time stated. If you will be joining us, you need to let me know as soon as possible as this will be for the most part, a first come first serve trip. I will PM information regarding hotel reservations and details regarding doors and tops if you wish to store them for the run.

Vehicle Minimum Requirements
• 4-Doors 35" MT or AT tires / 2.5" of lift
• 2-Doors 33" MT or AT tires / 2" of lift
• Tow points front & Rear
• Rocker guards
• Recovery gear
• Full size spare
• CB radio
• Fire extinguisher
• Spill kit
• WAYALIFE windshield decal - NEEDS to be placed on top, clearly visible and WITHOUT ANY OTHER windshield decals present. (black not allowed)
• Competing forum decals currently on your Jeep must be removed

What You Will Need to Bring
• Camping gear
• Food / Water for you and your occupants for the duration of the trip
• Warm / cold weather clothing
• A means to haul out your trash + room to carry it out
• Firewood
• $30 in CASH ($15 per night per vehicle fee at Rubicon Springs)
• A good attitude and a willingness to be a part of our group

How to Sign Up
Post a photo of your Jeep on this thread, with it clearly showing your WAYALIFE windshield decal on it and let us know you want to join us. Please be aware that just because you post up on this thread does not mean you'll automatically be on the list. I am sorry for having to make this so difficult but past experience has taught us that this is needed to help limit the size of our group.

WAYALIFE Crew
CarsonCindy & wayoflife
Moochie
JeepFan & GemHunter
RanchoRubi
Trail Bud
crippledpetey
Panda

Who's Coming List
1. jnabird333 (OH) - Jeep Photo
2. noroad (MA) - Jeep Photo
3. quit staring (NY) Jeep Photo
4. rubicon romero (NY) Jeep Photo
5. MTG - Jeep Photo
6. KyleOlson Jeep Photo7. JAGS - Jeep Photo
8. 10frank9 - Jeep Photo
9. Slavens - Jeep Photo
10. mackey (ID) - Jeep Photo
11. IBeHeWhoIsJoshua - Jeep Photo
12. Jeephooligan Jeep Photo
13. K.D.C.H - Jeep Photo
14. Stegertime - Jeep Photo
15. drtnwtr - Jeep Photo
16. getoverit - Jeep Photo
17. TheStick - Jeep Photo
18. jkjurny - Jeep Photo
19. Fitzbsly - Jeep Photo
20. ROCKACON - Jeep Photo

NOTE: Because space is limited, this run will ONLY be open to WAYALIFE members and those who ALREADY have WAYALIFE decals on their Jeep. Also, I need to point out that Cindy and I are not tour guides and we would be grateful if you didn't treat us like ones. If you sign up for this run, we will expect you to come as a friend, be eager to be a part of the whole group and be prepared to party with us. If your idea of camping is to setup your tent as far away as possible, setup your own fire, eat dinner by yourself and do your own thing, please DO NOT sign up. Also, if you're already planning to run the Rubicon with another group this year, please DO NOT sign up so that you can free up a spot for someone new who's never run it or at least, put yourself on the waiting list as some may drop out as we get closer to the run.

That being said, I look forward to wheeling with you all on the Rubicon!

:honey:

Last edited by a moderator:

Slavens

Caught the Bug
Heres my ride and my decal and hope to join the run! The white one

Attachments

• 1431144642899.jpg
    1431144642899.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 1,904

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Count me in please! With the exception of the fire extinguisher (will have shortly), I meet all of the requirements.

Can't wait!! :D

Any extra credit for a picture of the Jeep on the Rubicon? :cheesy:

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Wish I was still able to join like I originally planned. Oh well there is always next year or one of the runs towards the end of the year to attend!

bkac

Caught the Bug
Here's my picture! I'd love to join you guys!

Attachments

• 1431146264185.jpg
    1431146264185.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 982

mackey

WAYALIFE Rockin Rubicon Run 2015 : July 14th-16th

Eddie please count me in. I am out right now in my wife's car. I will post a pic first thing in the morning of my Jeep. Also EVO is doing a full build of my Jeep, including DTD, 60s, 40s and all the other goodies. The build should be finished in the end of May or early June

Update. Pics are now attached. See below post for pics. Wouldn't let me add to the post

Last edited:

K.D.C.H

Hoping to make the cut and attend this run with you all. Here are my pictures

Shamelessly parked next to Moby :D
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431147643.477770.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431147710.794009.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431147768.694897.jpg

Last edited:

I'm in :cheers: never mind I'm on mobile and to many cocktails in to follow the rules lol!

Last edited:

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431148195.404828.jpg

Since I just cleared my phone of pictures...how about a picture of the very first Commando Green WAYALIFE decal freshly installed?? I have definitely been waiting for this trip!

IMG_9855.JPG IMG_9841.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom