Surcharge for Wrangler carwash?

TheTank

When I owned a full-size 4x4 truck the local carwash would up-charge me an extra $2 as an SUV.

600 miles into my new Rubicon the same carwash wants to up-charge me as an SUV again... I don't think my Jeep is as big as a truck or Explorer...

Does YOUR car wash up-charge for YOUR Wrangler as a SUV?

BTW - I took my business elsewhere.

USMCvet

Banned
This is why I own my own pressure washer and absolutely don't frequent the soccer mom places. There's got to be a reputable car wash in town that doesn't pull that kind of bullshit.

Petthefish

time to find a new car wash thats BS. We have had out jeep muddy and took it to our place by our house the wife goes there a lot she likes a clean jeep :naw: so they know her but they never charge for it being an SUV nor For it being dirty. But if I have the time of I love a good handwash and wax.

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
Every car wash I've ever gone to wants to charge extra. But I've never actually found a car wash that can get my jeep actually clean enough to justify the cost. Although you can pretty much always get them to wave that charge if you ask them.

asullivan920

I used to work at an auto car wash. We charged extra to vacuum the trunk/cargo areas of cars and SUVs but never extra to wash a larger vehicle. To me a jeep is not a larger vehicle. If they were to charge more I would be thinking full size trucks and big SUVs (suburbans & expeditions) but not jeeps. There is less to wash on a jeep than my wife's car.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Its been so long that I had a normal vehice to take through a car wash other than when I take my parents I dont even bother anymore, my cars are either too low, or too wide to take it through most of the places so I just wash it myself in a bay or at home.

Napalm

They won't let me take Onyx through the wash because of my stinger. Every single one tells me that there brushes will get tied up around it.

Spudcannons

I would avoid putting any soft top in a car wash never know what chemicals are about to eat at your top. The one close to me has a pressure washer both you can use for about $1 for 5 min

Top Bottom