Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Build planning questions.

Knows a Thing or Two
    Quote Originally Posted by holliewood61 View Post
    Ive set up several for tj's, the 8.8 is arguably stronger than a 44 if you use a c-clip eliminator. They would keep you close to factory width. The waggy 44 would give you lock out hubs up front and the 8.8 could give you disc brakes in the rear if you keep your eyes open for a disc brake unit. Im not sure what gear ratio you're eyeballing but some could be had with 4.10's.
    I put an 8.8 under my yj. Great rearend. I was able to score one with a limited slip carrier 3.73 ratio with disc brakes for under $200. I bought most of my conversion parts from m.o.r.e., but others sell the stuff also. I didn't even worry about that rearend with 35's.

Nothing but a Thing mudmobeeler's Avatar
    If your only going with 33s or 35s the front Dana 30 can be built to stand up to that.

However, anything from Dynatrac would be a better upgrade. 👍
    2014 JKUR named NORDNDD.

Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ing-of-NoRdNdd

-
    If you reach out to tdijet on here I believe he has an 8.8 for sale. I believe he has 4.56 and an arb in it but don't quote me on that.

Build planning questions.

Another option that would be super easy would be to look for factory Tj rubicon axles. They are certainly cheaper than dynatracs, and they would bolt right on with no modification needed. They can be hard to find, but they will hold up to 35s easy.

The 8.8 is also a very solid axle. You would not regret that route, and they are a dime a dozen.

Quote Originally Posted by crippledpetey View Post
    If you reach out to tdijet on here I believe he has an 8.8 for sale. I believe he has 4.56 and an arb in it but don't quote me on that.
    I'm quoting you.

-
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop315 View Post
    I'm quoting you.
    well then

Thanks so much to all.

Now I have to figure out where to spend the extra coin when needed, and where I can save a little money to get a build off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by crippledpetey View Post
    well then
    I hope the engine issues come out in your favor. Your rig is badass, and I'm envious.

-
    I hope the engine issues come out in your favor. Your rig is badass, and I'm envious.
    Thank you. I've been told it's not longer a matter of "fault" they will warranty it. The only hiccup is patch vs. replace.

Your rig is badass, and I'm envious.
    I think everyone is. His rig is sweet!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast