Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Build planning questions.

One plus for the day is that I've named my Jeep.

Mayday13

How high should a lift be, and what's a good bang for the buck, American made lift kit?

Knows a Thing or Two
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop315 View Post
    How high should a lift be, and what's a good bang for the buck, American made lift kit?
    I'm going to get a ton of crap for this. Check out metal cloak. Their tj kits look pretty legit. They are made near Sacramento, I believe.

Knows a Thing or Two holliewood61's Avatar
    I usualy put my kits together to get what I want. Last one I did ended up with 3 different brands of arms with the front and rear springs being different brands as well. Its more work but one can get the results they really want with the mix n match approach. Ive never seen a "kit" where I liked every aspect of it. As far as height 4" with proper wheels and bump stops and youll be fine
    Beat it to fit, paint it to match

08 WK
    00 WJ
    99 TJ
    81 CJ7
    60 CJ5

Best wheeling in WV
    http://trailsheaven.com/Plan-Your-TR...vy-Branch.aspx

Any opinions on Skyjacker's 4" lift?

Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    Any opinions on Skyjacker's 4" lift?
    Avoid it... Ran skyjacker before. Wasted my money.
    Edit, I understand that for a tj, options differ from a jk. But I was really disappointed in their quality.
    Last edited by olram30; 06-17-2015 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by olram30 View Post
    Avoid it... Ran skyjacker before. Wasted my money.
    Edit, I understand that for a tj, options differ from a jk. But I was really disappointed in their quality.
    Thanks for the heads up. Is there a lift kit you would recommend?

I'm avoiding the mix and match advice. Not because I don't think it would work, but mostly for ease of purchase and shipping. But thanks to holliewood61 for putting his time in to offer his opinion to a newbie.

Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    Thanks for the heads up. Is there a lift kit you would recommend?

I'm avoiding the mix and match advice. Not because I don't think it would work, but mostly for ease of purchase and shipping. But thanks to holliewood61 for putting his time in to offer his opinion to a newbie.
    For a tj, I have no clue. Never really thought about it. I had their lift on my jk.

Banned
    I've heard and seen good things about both the Currie and Rock Krawler TJ kits. And for 33's or 35's, I personally wouldn't go higher than a 3.5" lift.

This one has the Old Man Emu lift components, 1.25" body lift for a little more clearance and to run flat skids, track bars, and shocks. Great combo lift, plus you don't have to mix and match everything since it's all here

http://dpgoffroad.com/products/old-m...-wrangler-kit/

BUT if you really want a 4" lift, look into the Currie or Savvy offroad 4" kits. Great quality stuff. Skycrapper, Rough Country, Fabtech, Procomp all are terrible

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast