Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Build planning questions.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Moabbnd View Post
    This one has the Old Man Emu lift components, 1.25" body lift for a little more clearance and to run flat skids, track bars, and shocks. Great combo lift, plus you don't have to mix and match everything since it's all here

http://dpgoffroad.com/products/old-m...-wrangler-kit/

BUT if you really want a 4" lift, look into the Currie or Savvy offroad 4" kits. Great quality stuff. Skycrapper, Rough Country, Fabtech, Procomp all are terrible
    I wouldn't say that Rough Country is terrible for a TJ, but definitely falls into the "you get what you pay for" mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by thardy View Post
    I wouldn't say that Rough Country is terrible for a TJ, but definitely falls into the "you get what you pay for" mindset.
    Just don't get their coils or shocks. Their shocks are rough and their coils sag. The flex joint control arms are decent. I run them on the front of my LJ. I will eventually change their flex joint to a Johnny joint once it wears out, but it's been good for the 16k miles I've put on them.

You guys rock!

I was just about to ask about ProComp next. That's off the list now, too.

I've read good things about Old Man Emu (ARB holds a lot of respect across the off-road world). But a limit of 2" of lift doesn't give me a lot of desire to go with that. Though, I get what you're saying about going with the 1" of body lift.
    Last edited by Scoop315; 06-18-2015 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thardy View Post
    I've heard and seen good things about both the Currie and Rock Krawler TJ kits. And for 33's or 35's, I personally wouldn't go higher than a 3.5" lift.
    So, Currie is good on lift kits, but less so on their axles?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop315 View Post
    So, Currie is good on lift kits, but less so on their axles?
    When it comes to the TJ, I have heard nothing but great things about their lifts and control arms.

Currie and Savvy work together to make similar products. You might want to check into the savvy dual adjustable aluminum johnny joint control arms, currie track bars, bilstein 5100 or rancho 9000xl shocks, and currie 4" coils.

Here's the link to the currie kit on the savvy site, but you might want to search around the site for the aluminum arms
    http://shop.savvyoffroad.com/Savvy-T...CE-9801HSR.htm

In regards to the 2.5" lift with 1.25" bl, I ran that combo on my previous TJ on 35s and it worked great. It kept the center of gravity low, which was wonderful for the off camber situations. Throw on hiline fenders, it'll create a ton of room for articulation or 37s
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awesome info!

Thanks so much to all who are helping a relative newly to builds.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234