2012 JK P 2097 code

2012jkfng702

Hey gent's, just FYI apparently the 2012 jk is having issues. My check engine light just came on at 700 miles, it is P 2097. I google searched the issue and it seams to be happening to quite a few people. I've seen anything from super easy in and out fixes to nightmare week long issues, replacing O2 sensors, catalytic converters and what not... I have a appointment with the dealer tomorrow here in Vegas.... Ill update the post as soon as I know what the issue is.

Attachments

• Pic 1.jpg
    Pic 1.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Pic 2.jpg
    Pic 2.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Pic 3.jpg
    Pic 3.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Pic 4.jpg
    Pic 4.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 17
  • Pic 5.jpg
    Pic 5.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 11

2012jkfng702

Ok, so no good news coming from this... If this happens to you right now, expect to spend some time at the dealership. So far 1:45 min. Basically they cleared my code and told me to come back if it the code comes back on. My Jeep is the first one to POP the code at my dealership so they have to go through normal procedures. If the code comes back up they want me to bring it in and they will lable it as a "star" case and call Chrysler... I am going to call a dealership that has already delt with the issue to try to save myself some time, so till next update, that is the story.

BONDSY

Did they elaborate on exactly what it is?:thinking:

From what I found for a non 2012 model the code: P2097 - Downstream Fuel Trim System 1 Rich
It could and probably is entirely different for the 12.

Good luck, I hope the problem goes away for ya.:yup:

Last edited:

2012jkfng702

Thanks Tom... The code hasn't re appeared yet so cross your fingers.. Seems to be running just fine except the fourth gear still likes to pop out. Gonna let my Fiancee drive it a couple times to make sure it's not just me.

Attachments

• Verizon 1105 - Copy.jpg
    Verizon 1105 - Copy.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 103

BONDSY

Thanks Tom... The code hasn't re appeared yet so cross your fingers.. Seems to be running just fine except the fourth gear still likes to pop out. Gonna let my Fiancee drive it a couple times to make sure it's not just me.

Cool, I hope it was just a glitch. Good luck.

Top Bottom