Where to put my Hi-lift?

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
I had my jack mounted across my fender wells just behind my tailgate but I just built and installed a tire mount where the rear seat was. Now it's a little difficult to get the tire out with the jack mounted there. Anyone have any good ideas for a jack mount? Thanks.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Good idea. I could probably get it to work. I did just realize that if I am changing my tire then I will need my jack out before my tire. Lol. I would still like to see what everyone else has done.

K.D.C.H

Welcome to Wayalife. If you get a chance, head over to the "Give us a Wave" section and introduce yourself.

holliewood61

I turned this

Into this to mount mine

While its not ideal to mount it outside the vehicle, space is at a premium in the back of the cj. With regular maintenance it stays in good working order.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Just installed the EVO Hi-Lift mount on my JK. Installation is a snap and after I put a neoprene sock on the jack's mechanicals it's quiet as a mouse and out of the way. Highly recommended. Good luck with your search.:yup:

MrHooah04

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431999809.399954.jpg

I personally don't mind it on my hood. I bought the mounting brackets from Hi-Lift themselves..although I'm sure you could find a DIY version.

Doesn't really obscure my view either which is a plus.

Moabbnd

Looks good!

My Toys by Troy stinger has t handle mounts for a hilift. I didn't want to add the weight of a hilift up front, so I left it off. Sturdy looking mount though!

Attachments

• CAM01435.jpg
    CAM01435.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 284

sassmouth

View attachment 143960

I personally don't mind it on my hood. I bought the mounting brackets from Hi-Lift themselves..although I'm sure you could find a DIY version.

Doesn't really obscure my view either which is a plus.

I am curious with those of you who mount the Hi-Lift on the hood. Any concerns of the Hi-Lift becoming a projectile towards you in the event of a frontal collision? I have my mounted in the back.

trailraider

i mounted mine on the hood. i like it once its mounted . but.... i find it a pain to take on and off as worrys about losing grip and damaging the cowl or hood.

just remember when its mounted it will hit cowl if you over extend the opening.( experienced that one).

holliewood61

I am curious with those of you who mount the Hi-Lift on the hood. Any concerns of the Hi-Lift becoming a projectile towards you in the event of a frontal collision? I have my mounted in the back.

I have no concerns what so ever. I made my mounts and they are pure beef. The only way it would be dislodged is if the entire hood came with it.

MTG

Caught the Bug

Wouldn't the hi-lift go the other way in a frontal collision? :idontknow:

Hot94Z28

I was thinking of getting a high lift jack but curious what people use on here as a jack? I need to get something as the factory one is too short now so what do people use?

BlackHawk08jk

I have mine on my hood. I've had it that way for a couple of years. I really like it, it's out of the way and takes up no storage space.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I was thinking of getting a high lift jack but curious what people use on here as a jack? I need to get something as the factory one is too short now so what do people use?

I have a bottle jack I keep under my seat.

Top Bottom