Thinking about moving up to 37s

BaldEagle

I have an '09 JKUR that I've been running 35 12.5 18 Kumho Road Venture MTs on for the last year and it's time for some new rubber. I hate my current tires. I live over 4 hours away from any real trails and have a very busy life with two young boys and don't get out as often as I would like, maybe 7 times or so a year. The main contenders in my search are Trail Graplers, everyone's favorite it seems, and the Geolander A/T-Ss. The price, weight, and mileage warranty on the latter is what interests me the most. I've gone just under 15,000 miles on my current set and have less than 40% left. What I really want to know is, has anyone used the Geolander A/T-S in a 37" size and their thoughts on them. I already know the Trail Grapplers are great and am not looking for negative opinions about the Geolanders from people who don't have first hand experience with them, but I am interested in the longevity people have seen with both of these tires. Thanks for the input.

If you are looking at a good all around tire I would recommend the Nitto Tera Grappler. The tread is an AT but does really well on and off road. I ran a set on my Ram 2500 for about 4 years and they wore great. Used my truck for hunting and did not get stuck in the swampy mud of Georgia or Florida.

The Tera Grappler does come in a 37. I would also recommend the new EXO Grappler as this is the tire I believe the Discount Tire Racing team EVO TJ ran on the last King of Hammers.

R/
Will

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If you are looking at a good all around tire I would recommend the Nitto Tera Grappler. The tread is an AT but does really well on and off road. I ran a set on my Ram 2500 for about 4 years and they wore great. Used my truck for hunting and did not get stuck in the swampy mud of Georgia or Florida.

The Tera Grappler does come in a 37. I would also recommend the new EXO Grappler as this is the tire I believe the Discount Tire Racing team EVO TJ ran on the last King of Hammers.

R/
Will

No they ran trail grapplers. They ran they exo for the Salt Lake City race.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, no personal experience with the Geolanders so I can't comment on their longevity. That being said, I have plenty of experience with Trail Grapplers and with a set of their 37's, you'll probably get about 45,000 miles out of them. If tire life is important to you, I might consider getting a set of BFG's instead as they tend to wear like iron and I have easily gotten about 60,000+ out of the last set I ran. Or, I might even recommend a set of the new Toyo Open Country R/T as they look great, come in a 37 and Toyo's tend to have a longer life span than their kid sister company Nitto.

BaldEagle

Thanks for the input! I had a set of the BFGs on an Xterra and I loved them. I think that's what I've decided to try on my JK, because tread life is definitely important to me. Thanks again.

Top Bottom