Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MY First Time Offroad

MY First Time Offroad

I live in Bay Area near San Francisco. (Mid-Peninsula ) I was hoping to connect with some other people in the Area.

- any ideas for an easy first time off-road with my new Jeep Rubicon? ( stock right now )
    - I'm thinking I'd like to at least ride on some dirt roads to start.
    - anyone want to show me the ropes a bit?

Any help would be appreciated.

Blade

Hey there from Discovery Bay, if you're looking to connect with others in the area there's a bunch of us getting together for a Suds-N-Grub soon. If you're interested post up on the thread and we can add you to the list.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...y-May-29th-6pm

-
    If you don't mind a bit of driving (3 hours or so) the high lakes are a great place to go. Maybe we can even get Rccrwlr out there it's super easy but with some wheeling in there too. Let me know if you're interested.

Been Around the Block rubbersidedownJK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeolson View Post
    I live in Bay Area near San Francisco. (Mid-Peninsula ) I was hoping to connect with some other people in the Area.

- any ideas for an easy first time off-road with my new Jeep Rubicon? ( stock right now )
    - I'm thinking I'd like to at least ride on some dirt roads to start.
    - anyone want to show me the ropes a bit?

Any help would be appreciated.

Blade
    Im leaving soon but there is always cow mountain ohv area outside ukiah. and prairie city ohv park in folsom

Knows a Thing or Two Petthefish's Avatar
    there is always Hollister hills ohv area and Carnegie Area outside Livermore

The OHV parks are a good place to start and test things out. For some really mellow fire road stuff there are a lot of them outside of Placerville. I really like the Gold Lake area for a lot of trails that are mostly in the mild to moderate range. All easily doable in a stock Rubicon.

Nothing but a Thing
    How did I miss this?? Yeah, let's go. Hollister and High lakes will be perfect. As mild as you want, or I've seen plenty of flops at Hollister. Post up some dates when you can go and we will try to be there and RC can back out 😉😀😉

Count me in for a Hollister or High Lakes run! :thumbup:
    2014 Unlimited Rubicon
    Mauser's Build Thread

Nothing but a Thing
    Quote Originally Posted by ERAUGrad04 View Post
    Count me in for a Hollister or High Lakes run! :thumbup:
    Alright, I'll plan a Hollister run. Can anyone swing a weekday trip? I know some of us have mentioned unused PTO and some can do a Friday trip. Ideas welcomed.

Blade, sorry about the thread hijack, I'll start a proper thread when we have some specifics.

Fresh Catch
    Hollister is a great place to get your feet wet. trails are color coded for difficulty and they give you a map of the trails.. if you get turned around just take the short cut through Tank Trap.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast