First time

georgi.photo

We all had to start somewhere. What was your first time off reading (in a jeep) Story?

I had just come back from being in Central America for 6 months. During the trip, we took our rental (jeep Cherokee) on a few dirt roads. So I went to the dealership that week, and picked up my JK. Of course, called up a few friends who jeeped and hit a muddy track. I was so nervous. Just hoping I didn't get stuck on my first ride. I had my buddy telling me what gear to put it into, just in case I goofed. The first time my treads flung that mud all over the jeep... I let out the biggest excited scream I could. Funny part is, one of the guys in the other jeep was the one who got stuck. I had to pull him out.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431469695.643181.jpg

Hooked for life.

USMC Wrangler

:thumb:

I had my Jeep about two weeks when I took it to an off road park in Michigan. The other three Jeeps I was with were either modded and/or a Rubi. I was running around all day in the mud with my SRA's and didn't get stuck once, but I was admittedly babying it at first. I got to pull out a JK, lifted with 35's with my stocker and that was very rewarding to me. That guy had just gotten the lift and tires installed by a local shop. Even at my newbie stage I asked if he re-geared. He looked at me like I was stupid for asking. :doh:

Here's one shot I could find from that first outing...

2 weeks old.jpg

jmsuitter

Less than 24 hrs after buying took it out to the dirt fully loaded with mom dad and girlfriend now wife. Some side hill action and flexing on a stock sport man I miss that jeep. I need another one.

Pyro1415

These were taken approximately 3 hours after buying it. Bought it because well I always wanted a jeep since I used to have a tracker lol(broke days). Plus all the other vehicles in the price range I wanted had double the miles. Biggest disappointment then was no manual or soft top. Now it's the 3.8.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431890536.001237.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431890622.080907.jpg

Tera 60

Got a yj in high school and fell in love took it to my buddy's farm a quickly realized that this was the life. Loved testing the limits of me and the jeep the got a tj and was even more impressed. Now kicking it with the yj still off roading after marriage and kids no end in sight

georgi.photo

:thumb:

I had my Jeep about two weeks when I took it to an off road park in Michigan. The other three Jeeps I was with were either modded and/or a Rubi. I was running around all day in the mud with my SRA's and didn't get stuck once, but I was admittedly babying it at first. I got to pull out a JK, lifted with 35's with my stocker and that was very rewarding to me. That guy had just gotten the lift and tires installed by a local shop. Even at my newbie stage I asked if he re-geared. He looked at me like I was stupid for asking. :doh:

Here's one shot I could find from that first outing...

View attachment 143618

Dude. Love The pic.

USMC Wrangler

These were taken approximately 3 hours after buying it. Bought it because well I always wanted a jeep since I used to have a tracker lol(broke days). Plus all the other vehicles in the price range I wanted had double the miles. Biggest disappointment then was no manual or soft top. Now it's the 3.8.

I do like the "water plow mod"! :cheesy:

Pyro1415

Yeah I read about hydro locking that night, check my air box and it was filled with mud... Woohoo no hydro lock though.

Top Bottom