Anyone do one of these 6x6 conversions? What about turn your JK into a backhoe?

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
There use to be a company called USA6x6 that would build anything into a 6x6. They have since closed.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431533749.306391.jpg

They built this truck. It competed in one of the Petersons Top Truck Challenge one year. Seems like it done ok if I remember right. Don't think it won though. Looks kind of cool, be a sweet looking tow rig.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
There use to be a company called USA6x6 that would build anything into a 6x6. They have since closed.

View attachment 142902

They built this truck. It competed in one of the Petersons Top Truck Challenge one year. Seems like it done ok if I remember right. Don't think it won though. Looks kind of cool, be a sweet looking tow rig.

I thought some guy built that truck? It's been around for a long time and I've been seeing that and somewhat following it for like 10 years.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I thought some guy built that truck? It's been around for a long time and I've been seeing that and somewhat following it for like 10 years.

Stan Pruitt (spelling?) is the owner. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure he had them build it. They use to have pics of it before, during, and after the build on their website. Of course the website is long gone. Think they went bankrupt or something. Ive followed it for some time too. Its kind of neat.

Edited to add: What little bit Ive been looking about it here in the last 20 minutes or so, most of what I am finding is from 2008 and older. It looks like USA 6x6 may have only had a hand in it the best I can tell. Stan owns/owned two at one time. One was a tow rig on stock size tires and the one pictured that was his play toy. He is now (or at least in 2008 timeframe) was a judge for TTC and used it as a recovery vehicle when competitors got stuck.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Stan Pruitt (spelling?) is the owner. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure he had them build it. They use to have pics of it before, during, and after the build on their website. Of course the website is long gone. Think they went bankrupt or something. Ive followed it for some time too. Its kind of neat.

Could be. Been a while since I've seen that truck wheeled. I think 2012 might have been the last time.

JayKay

Caught the Bug

View attachment 142902

When I was a kid (in the mid '90s), dodge had a concept truck called the Ram T-Rex running around the big Auto Shows, remember seeing it at the St. Louis Auto show in '94-'95. They had plans to actually produce it, but something happened that ditched the idea. Not sure who actually built the concept for them but here's a picture... ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431536352.539726.jpg

Top Bottom