RK 3.5x factor mid arm vs Evo Double D

Pyro1415

Alright guys I want to upgrade from my Teraflex 2.5 starter lift and I can get a really sweet deal on an RK x factor( I know a guy who knows a guy) anyways $1400 plus shipping for a new x factor or mind boggling $3500 for the Evo... anyone having any complaints with the x factor or have ran both because I'm having a hard time not pulling the trigger. The good side with Rk is because its a mid arm and using stock brackets I can always go Evo later and used x factor systems sell for 1k plus on craiglist.
The other option would be rk 3.5 with some Evo bolt on coil overs for less than a double d without shocks. I will be getting Bilstein 5160s for the rear if I go front coil overs the guy also knows someone at Bilstein so wicked discount there too.

Also I like a stiff ride and don't mind x factors roughness, I used to have a BMW lol.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
One kit is actual long arm and the other has 1" longer arms that don't actually do anything but cause problems.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
One kit is actual long arm and the other has 1" longer arms that don't actually do anything but cause problems.

:cheesy: That about sums it up right there. I'm still try trying to figure out how you take factory length arms, make them 1" too long and then convince people that they're somehow half way to a long arm which is typically about 10" longer than stock with relocated frame mounts to keep your axles where they need to be, just by adding the word "mid" to its name. :crazyeyes:

As mentioned, there is no versus. They are literally apples vs. oranges.

Pyro1415

I was wondering if that was the stretch kit or not. I can't find many people hating the x factor who have it dialed in.

Eddie i know its an apple to oranges but I'm interested in how much better is the evo kit and is it worth the cost difference. How much further back are the brackets moved with eves it only looks to be a few inches?

The x factor sells me on price, in person reviews are all good, all stock brackets so I can go any long arm later or keep it with this, and rk has a good resale value.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I was wondering if that was the stretch kit or not. I can't find many people hating the x factor who have it dialed in.

Eddie i know its an apple to oranges but I'm interested in how much better is the evo kit and is it worth the cost difference. How much further back are the brackets moved with eves it only looks to be a few inches?

The x factor sells me on price, in person reviews are all good, all stock brackets so I can go any long arm later or keep it with this, and rk has a good resale value.

Have you looked at just the Enforcer? Both 3" and 4" are $1289.95 w/o shocks.

Pyro1415

Have you looked at just the Enforcer? Both 3" and 4" are $1289.95 w/o shocks.

The rk seems like much better bang for buck, I could just install everything the enforcer uses and sell or keep the rest for $120 more. I also know no one personally running anything evo so it's hard for me to see or feel it in action.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The rk seems like much better bang for buck, I could just install everything the enforcer uses and sell or keep the rest for $120 more. I also know no one personally running anything evo so it's hard for me to see or feel it in action.

Why the fuck do you even ask? Every one of your posts is the same thing. If you think it's so much better then fucking buy it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Long arms that are 1" too long do NOT qualify as a "stretch kit". Also, I rarely find anyone who will hate on a kit that they've just paid top dollar for. I mean, to do so would mean you'd have to admit you may have made a mistake and I don't know too many people willing to do that. As far as "dialed in" goes, what constitutes dialed in? Rear coils that are severely bowed even with coil wedges installed? Them rubbing your track bar?

I think you need to understand that the whole purpose of a long arm kit regardless of who makes it is that it's allows you to correct your suspension geometry after installing a taller lift and that's it. To do this, you have to relocate your control arm mounts on your frame and all this allows you to keep your axle WHERE IT NEEDS TO BE under your Jeep - NOT needlessly pushed further out.

So buy it! Sounds like you're just looking for people to convince you that it's a good kit anyway so don't let me stand in your way. :yup:

Pyro1415

Why the fuck do you even ask? Every one of your posts is the same thing. If you think it's so much better then fucking buy it.

So much anger...Go drive your jeep. I read a few of the forums on here and I see the Evo is the choice set ups, other forums have others. I'm just wondering how many people have used both decide that the Double D significantly better. I don't care about the coil difference because I've driven in x factor and liked the ride. I'm hesitant because if I go double d and end up not liking it I have to do a complete cut off and weld on new brackets, plus if i sell or total the jeep I can't put it back to stock and keep the lift.

Then how many people have used an x factor and evo enforcer... $1200 is a lot for me if I spend it twice on the same thing.

Pyro1415

Long arms that are 1" too long do NOT qualify as a "stretch kit". Also, I rarely find anyone who will hate on a kit that they've just paid top dollar for. I mean, to do so would mean you'd have to admit you may have made a mistake and I don't know too many people willing to do that. As far as "dialed in" goes, what constitutes dialed in? Rear coils that are severely bowed even with coil wedges installed? Them rubbing your track bar?

I think you need to understand that the whole purpose of a long arm kit regardless of who makes it is that it's allows you to correct your suspension geometry after installing a taller lift and that's it. To do this, you have to relocate your control arm mounts on your frame and all this allows you to keep your axle WHERE IT NEEDS TO BE under your Jeep - NOT needlessly pushed further out.

So buy it! Sounds like you're just looking for people to convince you that it's a good kit anyway so don't let me stand in your way. :yup:

Wise man Eddie... I just hate my current lift

olram30

if you really are set on rk, i would only recommend the flex kit. the one with the front lowers only. i would NOT personally buy any kit regardless of name that moves my axles back. this is about the third time you've asked this. all you need is front lowers on a 4 door.
"mid" arm is nothing but a marketing term that you've obviously bought into.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So much anger...Go drive your jeep. I read a few of the forums on here and I see the Evo is the choice set ups, other forums have others. I'm just wondering how many people have used both decide that the Double D significantly better. I don't care about the coil difference because I've driven in x factor and liked the ride. I'm hesitant because if I go double d and end up not liking it I have to do a complete cut off and weld on new brackets, plus if i sell or total the jeep I can't put it back to stock and keep the lift.

Then how many people have used an x factor and evo enforcer... $1200 is a lot for me if I spend it twice on the same thing.

It's a control arm. It rides no differently it only pits your suspension angles back to where they were from the factory.

If you really like reading rock Krawler is God threads, maybe spend more time asking those questions on the other forums.

DA RUNT

As Mr. Ty mentioned, take a look at the enforcer if price is a deciding factor. Ive ran both and would recommend the EVO setup. Ride and quality imo are much better.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Never heard of people wanting to remove their enforcer lift for anything other than something bigger/better by EVO. Never heard of anybody removing the double d for anything else.

Heard of lots of people removing the rock krawler lifts for EVO. Heard of pretty much any and every brand being removed for an EVO lift. None the other way.

Jeepfan30

Never heard of people wanting to remove their enforcer lift for anything other than something bigger/better by EVO. Never heard of anybody removing the double d for anything else.

Heard of lots of people removing the rock krawler lifts for EVO. Heard of pretty much any and every brand being removed for an EVO lift. None the other way.

Agreed. I have bounced around all the forums the last few years and honestly cannot remember reading any negative reviews for the Enforcer kit, or the other EVO products.

JokerJKU

RK makes non-extended rear arms. If you want front/rear uppers and lowers and you're set on RK, I'd do that versus their extended rear arms.

One thing to keep in mind however is the stock length arms from RK are basically crap compared to their long arms. Their long arms are stout and can take a beating, they aren't EVO quality but they aren't that far behind (other than the 3-link vs 4-link issue). Their short arms are better than stock but they aren't in the same league as their long arms.

As far as springs go, I've got EVO Plushrides on my wife's JKU presently, it had the RK triple rate springs previously (and before that the Teraflex springs that made it ride like a one ton truck). There is zero comparison between the two, the EVO springs ride substantially better.

Wanna keep going? The steering correction that comes with the RK kit borders on dangerous if not welded and the instructions only recomment welding, they don't note that its required. Weld it and weld in good if you go that route. Know at least 3 people, myself included, that sheered an RK trackbar bracket clean off the front axle. In hindsight, the EVO draglink flip would've been a substantially better option (to know then what I know now).

Don't forget shocks. Crap shocks will make even the best spring ride like crap and when you're talking about soft springs, good shocks with proper valving become even more important.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug

I have the RK X-factor that I installed myself. As Eddie mentioned, I had the rubbing of the trackbar on my passenger side rear coil spring and the rear RK trackbar mount rubbed on my rear driver's side shock tower when articulating. I had to relocate my rear track bar chassis mount, and then I replaced each (front and rear) RK track bar mount due to poor design with the EVO track bar mounts. The kit now rides great but with a lot of extra work. Check out my build thread if you are interested.

If I had to do it again, I probably would have gone with the EVO enforcer kit.

-Matt

olram30

What's going on here? Anybody spot something off?

Attachments

• 1431558922476.jpg
    1431558922476.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 59
Top Bottom