Throttle Body Spacer

ctlazer5

First off I know some say that there is little to no difference with a TBS installed. My situation is that my buddy had an extra afe for a 3.6L so he was kind enough to toss it my way. Having said that I figured if I have it I might as well install it regardless if it'll make a different, which I was not expecting it too. However I have the afe CAI and must say I love it. Anyways, I installed the TBS and turned the key on to my car and my Electronic Throttle Control and Stability Control Malfunction lights both popped up on the dash. Any thoughts? I wasn't really that concerned so I just pulled the TBS back off and the lights went away. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or heard of it? What do you guys think? :thinking:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Throttle body spacers are snake oil and if the one you have is throwing a code, I can only assume that's why your buddy gave it to you. I would toss it and not give it a second thought. But, that's just me :yup:

OscarMike2.0

Thats strange what year is your jeep? I have a 13 and a throttle body spacer with a CAI (Waste of money but I guess if its free why not) and I have had no dash lights come on. Did you check if it gave you a DTC? If so what was it.

jknikos

Throttle body spacers are snake oil and if the one you have is throwing a code, I can only assume that's why your buddy gave it to you. I would toss it and not give it a second thought. But, that's just me :yup:
I would do the same :D

ctlazer5

I would like to assume he gave it too me since he put a RIPP in his jeep and can't put it in his jeep. It was brand new I think he ordered a couple for some reason I don't know haha. Anyways I think I might just leave it as a dust collector for now. :rock:

ctlazer5

Thats strange what year is your jeep? I have a 13 and a throttle body spacer with a CAI (Waste of money but I guess if its free why not) and I have had no dash lights come on. Did you check if it gave you a DTC? If so what was it.

It did not give me a DTC or at least I didn't check?? I only saw the two lights on the dash and that was enough for me to say it wasn't worth it since I knew going into it that it wasn't going to make much of a difference. Thanks for the help though.

Top Bottom