Thread: Auto transportation companies

Auto transportation companies

With so little time to the Rockin Rubicon Run, I need to get my jeep build finished ASAP. I got the green light from Drew to drop off my Jeep at EVO on June 1st. I believe it will actually be cheaper and more convenient to have my Jeep shipped from North Idaho to EVO. I've never shipped a vehicle before.

Does anyone know a good reputable auto shipping company? Would it be worth paying extra and have it shipped inside a closed trailer versus an open trailer. If anyone has shipped a vehicle and can provide some tips, that would be great. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by mackey View Post
    With so little time to the Rockin Rubicon Run, I need to get my jeep build finished ASAP. I got the green light from Drew to drop off my Jeep at EVO on June 1st. I believe it will actually be cheaper and more convenient to have my Jeep shipped from North Idaho to EVO. I've never shipped a vehicle before.

Does anyone know a good reputable auto shipping company? Would it be worth paying extra and have it shipped inside a closed trailer versus an open trailer. If anyone has shipped a vehicle and can provide some tips, that would be great. Thank you.
    Ill through out uship.com, you can find and request whatever you would like.

I've done both shipping and driving from your area. I have used UShip as well. It worked out for me but the only way to keep the price down was to do open trailer and non direct ship. Honestly it is probably easier and more convenient to just drive it.
    2014 JKUR Anvil
    KK6MRA

Nothing but a Thing Fir-na-tine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish JK View Post
    I've done both shipping and driving from your area. I have used UShip as well. It worked out for me but the only way to keep the price down was to do open trailer and non direct ship. Honestly it is probably easier and more convenient to just drive it.
    ^^Agreed^^.......I was faced with the same situation having to get my rig out to TJ in Colorado from my home in South Florida.......I got several shipping quotes (open carrier) and they ranged from $1100 to $3000.....after talking to several friends and also hearing some horror stories of shipping mishaps i decided to just drive the 2200 miles out there and fly back......saved me money.....got to see some awesome sites along the way and i had piece of mind knowing my rig got there safely......just my

~Woodrow~

Been Around the Block Dune Crawler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fir-na-tine View Post
    ^^Agreed^^.......I was faced with the same situation having to get my rig out to TJ in Colorado from my home in South Florida.......I got several shipping quotes (open carrier) and they ranged from $1100 to $3000.....after talking to several friends and also hearing some horror stories of shipping mishaps i decided to just drive the 2200 miles out there and fly back......saved me money.....got to see some awesome sites along the way and i had piece of mind knowing my rig got there safely......just my

~Woodrow~
    x2! Drive it and see some awesome sites

I would suggest driving as well. I purchased my Jeep a few months back,used Montway transport, had nothing but great reviews and were actually a pleasure to talk to on the phone. However turns out they are a broker and the company that actually picked up my Jeep didn't know how to drive a stick. I have a video from the guy I bought it from showing these guys trying to put it on their truck over and over, white smoke and all. So a week later I receive the Jeep and it's making a crazy loud screech and then it stops shifting altogether. Too long of a story already, drive it out yourself.

I've used uship as well. Small closed trailer for my gladiator from San Francisco to Ohio for $750 and just paid a trucker on uship with over 800 reviews $600 to drive my wife's Honda the same course. Cheapest will always be to drive it yourself.
    2013 Dune JKU Rubicon <-- Build Thread

37" Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" ATX Slabs, EVO BO Coilovers Front and Rear, GenRight Rear Tire Carrier, RK Front lower Control Arms, Adams 1310 Front DS, LOD Sliders, DynoMax Comp Exhaust, EVO ProTek Skids, Fender Trim, EVO 1/4 Pounder and stinger, Warn 9.5ti, EVO C-Gussets, AEV Procal, Trektop NX

***Buy Jeep parts Made in the U.S.A.!!!***

Pay a member on here to drive it out for you.