Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Auto transportation companies

  1. #1
    Knows a Thing or Two mackey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    North Idaho
    Posts
    656

    Auto transportation companies

    With so little time to the Rockin Rubicon Run, I need to get my jeep build finished ASAP. I got the green light from Drew to drop off my Jeep at EVO on June 1st. I believe it will actually be cheaper and more convenient to have my Jeep shipped from North Idaho to EVO. I've never shipped a vehicle before.

    Does anyone know a good reputable auto shipping company? Would it be worth paying extra and have it shipped inside a closed trailer versus an open trailer. If anyone has shipped a vehicle and can provide some tips, that would be great. Thank you.

  2. #2
    Hooked REKLESS-RED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    United States, Good ole Wisconsin
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by mackey View Post
    With so little time to the Rockin Rubicon Run, I need to get my jeep build finished ASAP. I got the green light from Drew to drop off my Jeep at EVO on June 1st. I believe it will actually be cheaper and more convenient to have my Jeep shipped from North Idaho to EVO. I've never shipped a vehicle before.

    Does anyone know a good reputable auto shipping company? Would it be worth paying extra and have it shipped inside a closed trailer versus an open trailer. If anyone has shipped a vehicle and can provide some tips, that would be great. Thank you.
    Ill through out uship.com, you can find and request whatever you would like.

  3. #3
    Knows a Thing or Two Irish JK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    972
    I've done both shipping and driving from your area. I have used UShip as well. It worked out for me but the only way to keep the price down was to do open trailer and non direct ship. Honestly it is probably easier and more convenient to just drive it.
    2014 JKUR Anvil
    KK6MRA

  4. #4
    Nothing but a Thing Fir-na-tine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish JK View Post
    I've done both shipping and driving from your area. I have used UShip as well. It worked out for me but the only way to keep the price down was to do open trailer and non direct ship. Honestly it is probably easier and more convenient to just drive it.
    ^^Agreed^^.......I was faced with the same situation having to get my rig out to TJ in Colorado from my home in South Florida.......I got several shipping quotes (open carrier) and they ranged from $1100 to $3000.....after talking to several friends and also hearing some horror stories of shipping mishaps i decided to just drive the 2200 miles out there and fly back......saved me money.....got to see some awesome sites along the way and i had piece of mind knowing my rig got there safely......just my

    ~Woodrow~

  5. #5
    Been Around the Block Dune Crawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Corpus Christi
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by Fir-na-tine View Post
    ^^Agreed^^.......I was faced with the same situation having to get my rig out to TJ in Colorado from my home in South Florida.......I got several shipping quotes (open carrier) and they ranged from $1100 to $3000.....after talking to several friends and also hearing some horror stories of shipping mishaps i decided to just drive the 2200 miles out there and fly back......saved me money.....got to see some awesome sites along the way and i had piece of mind knowing my rig got there safely......just my

    ~Woodrow~
    x2! Drive it and see some awesome sites

  6. #6
    Fresh Catch 19 Jeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Eastvale, CA
    Posts
    25
    I would suggest driving as well. I purchased my Jeep a few months back,used Montway transport, had nothing but great reviews and were actually a pleasure to talk to on the phone. However turns out they are a broker and the company that actually picked up my Jeep didn't know how to drive a stick. I have a video from the guy I bought it from showing these guys trying to put it on their truck over and over, white smoke and all. So a week later I receive the Jeep and it's making a crazy loud screech and then it stops shifting altogether. Too long of a story already, drive it out yourself.

  7. #7
    Addict StrizzyChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SouthWest OH
    Posts
    5,164
    I've used uship as well. Small closed trailer for my gladiator from San Francisco to Ohio for $750 and just paid a trucker on uship with over 800 reviews $600 to drive my wife's Honda the same course. Cheapest will always be to drive it yourself.
    2013 Dune JKU Rubicon <-- Build Thread

    37" Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" ATX Slabs, EVO BO Coilovers Front and Rear, GenRight Rear Tire Carrier, RK Front lower Control Arms, Adams 1310 Front DS, LOD Sliders, DynoMax Comp Exhaust, EVO ProTek Skids, Fender Trim, EVO 1/4 Pounder and stinger, Warn 9.5ti, EVO C-Gussets, AEV Procal, Trektop NX

    ***Buy Jeep parts Made in the U.S.A.!!!***

  8. #8
    Living the WAYALIFE MTG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Reno eNVy
    Posts
    13,638
    Pay a member on here to drive it out for you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS