Light Bar wiring

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
I received my new 50" single row light bar today. The SR light bars from rigid have a shorter wire lead before the plug. Point being that the plug will sit on the outside of the windshield if I run it down the pillar. On the Dual rows, they had a long wire lead and I could hide the plug in the engine compartment. Question to all of you to question whether anyone runs the wire over the windshield and down the A Pillar. Does this cause problems with the soft top sealing? Does water leak into the rig if this is done?

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Can you cut the wire and add an extension and avoid running thru the top?

Could. Was probably what I was going to do but flipping the wire over the windshield looked like an option. Just was wondering if anyone has bad experiences doing this

JRied

Could. Was probably what I was going to do but flipping the wire over the windshield looked like an option. Just was wondering if anyone has bad experiences doing this

I'd cut it and extend but then again I don't have a rigid I have a imitation lol lets see if someone has run it thru before you chop it.

Yeep

I cut mine (50" rigid sr), extended the wires and ran it down the channel between the windshield and frame then put black silicone over the channel to keep it all intact....

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Smokin.......don't route it over the top of the windshield or around the side of the A post either it will eventually cause it to leak......do yourself a favor and go the extra mile and get an extension......run it down the A-post under the mount and through the cowl.......much cleaner look if you ask me......that's what I did....:twocents:

~Woodrow~

Top Bottom