Another lift kit question

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Im currently in the process of picking out a lift. Being as this is my 3rd jk ive lifted, will be the 5th lift im purchasing. I want to do a custom lift kit, as in I want to do certain coils, certain shocks, certain control arms, etc etc.

The biggest issue im having is what should I get...I've ran teraflex, rough country, and skyjacker lifts. This time around im looking at rock krawler, evo, rancho, and jks.

Im needing to get some advice on what all I need and what I should run. Im looking to be sitting 2.5-3 higher. Currently im sitting with flat fenders, stock suspension, and 35s. Next year I will be getting a new front axle, and 37s. It is an unlimited by the way.

Currently on the list im looking at:

Coils: 3" EVO plush ride
Shocks: Rancho or Fox
Track bars: Jks adj. Front/rear track bars or brackets(idk what brand)
Brake lines: extended lines (idk what brand)
Control arms: rock krawler arms, want to keep it short arm.
Bump stops: idk what brand
Drag link flip: EVO
Driveshafts: definitely getting a front, idk what brand or style.

Is there anything else I need? Anything out there better for what I want? Needs to be smooth on the highway as its a daily driver and my son rides with me.

Thanks for any advice, jeep on.

noroad

Im currently in the process of picking out a lift. Being as this is my 3rd jk ive lifted, will be the 5th lift im purchasing. I want to do a custom lift kit, as in I want to do certain coils, certain shocks, certain control arms, etc etc.

The biggest issue im having is what should I get...I've ran teraflex, rough country, and skyjacker lifts. This time around im looking at rock krawler, evo, rancho, and jks.

Im needing to get some advice on what all I need and what I should run. Im looking to be sitting 2.5-3 higher. Currently im sitting with flat fenders, stock suspension, and 35s. Next year I will be getting a new front axle, and 37s. It is an unlimited by the way.

Currently on the list im looking at:

Shocks: Rancho or Fox
Track bars: Jks adj. Front/rear track bars or brackets(idk what brand)
Brake lines: extended lines (idk what brand)
Control arms: rock krawler arms, want to keep it short arm.
Bump stops: idk what brand
Drag link flip: EVO
Driveshafts: definitely getting a front, idk what brand or style.

Is there anything else I need? Anything out there better for what I want? Needs to be smooth on the highway as its a daily driver and my son rides with me.

Thanks for any advice, jeep on.

the evo flip kit comes with a front track bar bracket, two birds one stone there, as for the shock both are solid picks. bumps stops i like the evo ones they are nice. as for control arms i would pass on RK and get something like evo, curries, or Clayton. all nice arms with johnny joints. the RK ones are to long even when all the way in.

This is what I have on my 2011 JKU Canvas and seems to be working pretty good.

Shocks: Rancho RS9000 XL
Track bars: Front: RK front adjustable; Rear: Stock with EVO Rear Track Bar Relocation bracket.
Brake lines: extended lines: Crown Stainless Steel 4-6 lift Extended brake lines
Control arms: RK Adjustable Fornt Lower Control Arms set to 23 Inches
Bump stops: Front is Pro-Comp Disks
Drag link flip: Not necessary if you are only going 3 inches. I have not done the drag link flip and will only do so when I upgrade to a PR-44
Driveshafts: Currently running stock drive shafts and will until they implode or quit workin.
Sway Bar Links: Front: RK Adjustable quick disconnect; Rear: OEM

It all boils down to how much you want to spend.

R/
Will

simonjk

Caught the Bug
This is what I have on my 2011 JKU Canvas and seems to be working pretty good.

Shocks: Rancho RS9000 XL
Track bars: Front: RK front adjustable; Rear: Stock with EVO Rear Track Bar Relocation bracket.
Brake lines: extended lines: Crown Stainless Steel 4-6 lift Extended brake lines
Control arms: RK Adjustable Fornt Lower Control Arms set to 23 Inches
Bump stops: Front is Pro-Comp Disks
Drag link flip: Not necessary if you are only going 3 inches. I have not done the drag link flip and will only do so when I upgrade to a PR-44
Driveshafts: Currently running stock drive shafts and will until they implode or quit workin.
Sway Bar Links: Front: RK Adjustable quick disconnect; Rear: OEM

It all boils down to how much you want to spend.

R/
Will

Awesome canvas. Thats almost what im wanted to go with, I plan to stay at or below 3". So no draglink flip right away. Are you just running front lower arms?

Awesome canvas. Thats almost what im wanted to go with, I plan to stay at or below 3". So no draglink flip right away. Are you just running front lower arms?

Yes just lower LCA's. I have a complete 4 link for the rear but have not installed them. Might do them next week.

R/
Will

Top Bottom