Removed carpets

tharb5111

Who else likes their Jeep interior free of carpets?

Makes cleaning and drying out much easier. No mildew. No moldy carpets. I like the look. And drain plugs easier to use when needed.

I added 1/2 inch cable covers to the exposed wires. 10 minute addition.

I don't notice more road noise our heat and the Jeep feels cleaner and more spacious.

Anyone else done this?

Attachments

• 1431744473722.jpg
    1431744473722.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 323
  • 1431744501836.jpg
    1431744501836.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 326
  • 1431744519187.jpg
    1431744519187.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 325
  • 1431744529201.jpg
    1431744529201.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 326

tharb5111

Not sure why the first picture uploaded sideways. Here it is again.

Attachments

• 1431744640599.jpg
    1431744640599.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 322

K.D.C.H

I still have my carpet in but I've also heard many who get their floors sprayed with a bed loner coating. That should help with road noises and heat while still allowing for quick cleaning and drying

Siebermd

My carpets were gone about 3 days after I picked up my Jeep. I like to keep her naked. I did keep carpet in the cargo area though. Keeps gear from sliding all over, well reduces it anyway.

JRied

My carpet smells like ass because I got it wet a cpl days ago. I'm about to tear it out. I have a cpl bottles of UPOL Raptor Liner to spray in the cab

simonjk

Caught the Bug
I removed the carpet from both my previous jks. I had a little more road noise so threw some bedliner down and it dampened it. I have yet to remove it from the new jk, as I like it. I have a buddy who bedlined his jk with color. Black jk with orange accents, and orange bedliner, looks badass

JRied

Just pulled all my carpets and holy cow I had water and mud all under everything ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432164779.727478.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432164808.670209.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432164819.145711.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432164832.085104.jpg

Sometime next week I'm going to begin removing all the glue(?) and sanding the entire exterior and applying several coats of raptor liner

BlueBox

Pulled mine a few weeks ago. Love it.

Have some monstaliner waiting to go in once I have a few days free.

el_chupo_

Have it out of the rear, have hesitated up front. I want to figure out a way to keep the floor liners I have in place.

Have a Monstaliner kit to put in, and I plan on getting a rubber "stall pad" from the local Tractor Supply for the back, so the dogs have a bit of traction and cushion available, and keep things from sliding on the bed liner material.

gte338m

Have it out of the rear, have hesitated up front. I want to figure out a way to keep the floor liners I have in place.

Have a Monstaliner kit to put in, and I plan on getting a rubber "stall pad" from the local Tractor Supply for the back, so the dogs have a bit of traction and cushion available, and keep things from sliding on the bed liner material.

That is an interesting idea. I lined a horse trailer with stall mates. It would make a great cargo area liner. If it wasn't so think, I might use it to line the entire jeep.

David1tontj

That is an interesting idea. I lined a horse trailer with stall mates. It would make a great cargo area liner. If it wasn't so think, I might use it to line the entire jeep.

Our local farm supply store has 1/2" thick stall mats as well as the normal 1" thick ones.

David1tontj

I have hesitated to pull mine out in fear of excessive road noise. My wife already thinks my jeep is like riding in a jet plane with the swampers howling on the pavement, so the thought of more noise is deterring me.

bigtrucker52

What kind do you have. I had the rubber ones from Rugged Ridge and they went back in perfectly fine with no issues!

Top Bottom