Live in Travel Trailer

Warebear

Hello all! So, i am very interested in simplifying my life, and am interested in buying and living in a travel trailer. Something that i can easily pull with the Jeep. I would stay in a campground most of the time, and maybe move to different ones in the area every now and then. I've read a few articles so far about people living in pop up vans for years at a time, and that sounds like a blast to me. So, any advice?
What is a good manufacture?
What is a good size that the jeep can pull?
Any tips or other advice on trailer living?

Utah_Jay

I was also thinking that, but I'm also trying to live as cheap as possible. Don't those require insurance and all that fun stuff?

Yes they require insurance......just like your Jeep does, I have a 32' class A and full coverage is cheap! Way more room in a MH than a trailer if you are going to live in it.

Warebear

Yep, I was just looking at the ultra lite ones, and they look great. I'm single and don't have much stuff, so something like that would work great.

bkac

Caught the Bug
I really struggle with the "RV" industry. Owning several over the years you pay way to much for the quality and what you actually get. I'd recommend finding a good used one. The problem with the ultra lite ones that they cuts every corner to be "lite" also, you'll want to be somewhere warmer in the winter time. GL

Clem319

I have a 34' motorhome and yes it's comfortable but in my opinion too big. I planned on towing my JK behind it but that would make it that much longer because I would trailer it.

If I could do it over, I would go with a smaller trailer. Less maintenance and less pain in the ass in my opinion.

JJK

Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe. Made in Rice Texas. We stay in ours for about a month in the summers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 273

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Sweet idea. My wife and I thought about that. You can work camp it you want and get free lot, water and electricity. If yo do not like your neighbor itis much easier to move. Traveling so much easier. Especially nothing to tie you down. I guess if you look at it...one vehicle one to maintain., but it one breaks down you got another to fall back on. It is difficult to find something big enough to pull with a JK where you would have more room. There are some blogs out there....gone with the wynns and long, long, honeymoon ( they are part timers).

MTG

Caught the Bug
Love this!

We are simplifying our lives as much as we can. No need for a big motorhome. I have no recommendations for you, but I think you should start a thread about your experience. :yup:

Here is a story for inspiration.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/sto...ue-jays-prospect-daniel-norris-lives-own-code

There are several articles about him, I just grabbed the first one from google. If I recall correctly, he received an $8 million signing bonus, lives in a $10,000 van and off ~$800 a month. Awesome!

Last edited:

BlueBox

Love this!

We are simplifying our lives as much as we can. No need for a big motorhome. I have no recommendations for you, but I think you should start a thread about your experience. :yup:

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/sto...ue-jays-prospect-daniel-norris-lives-own-code

There are several articles about him, I just grabbed the first one from google. If I recall correctly, he received an $8 million signing bonus, lives in a $10,000 van and off ~$800 a month. Awesome!

That's a damn cool story. Thanks for posting.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Love this!

Wow thank you for sharing. That is an awesome story.

Top Bottom