WAYALIFE Kick-Off to Summer Camping Trip 2015

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For years now, Memorial Day weekend has marked the beginning of summer for Cindy and I as it's pretty much when we start to head back out into the wilderness and do some camping. In previous years, we had been going to the Sierra Nevada Mountains but more times than not, our trip would turn out to be more of a "winter finale" than anything. And, looking at the weather forecast, it looks like we're going to see the same this year. So, for 2015, we decided to change things up and head out into the middle of Nevada instead. For the most part, this will just be an easy camping trip with good friends and one that will include some exploring and a bit of rock hounding thrown into the mix as well. If this sounds like a fun trip to you, we'd love to have you join us. That being said, space is limited so you'll need to let us know if you're coming as soon as possible.

The Plan
We are heading out to the Ichthyosaur State Park in Nevada and plan to setup camp at the campground there. If for some reason this is not possible, we will still meet up there on Saturday, May 23rd at noon before heading out to find another camp site. This will be a 2 night camping trip and while there, we will explore some of the surrounding ghost towns and do some rock hounding for ammonites and maybe even some geodes. If you can make it out early, a few of us will be meeting up on Friday, in Tonopah.

What You Will Need
There is a $7 per vehicle fee to get into the State Park and assuming we can find camp spots within their campground, a $17 additional fee to use it as well. They ONLY take cash or check so please come prepared. Fires are allowed so please bring some firewood. We are camping 2 nights and you should plan to pack food and water for both days. On Sunday, we may make a stop around lunch time at a place where food is served but you shouldn't assume that it will be open. I should note that there's still a slight chance of rain predicted for the weekend and the temps should be on the cooler side. Please pack and come dressed accordingly.

There are no vehicle minimum requirement for this trip but we will be very far away from civilization and gas, or the lack thereof may be an issue. If you have a means to carry extra fuel, I would recommend it but, I'll do my best to not make it something you will need. As mentioned, we will be digging for ammonites and maybe even some opals, petrified wood and geodes if we're lucky so you might want to bring digging tools and a means to carry home your booty.

Who's Going
1. CarsonCindy & wayoflife
2. Moochie
3. JeepFan & GemHunter
4. Trail Bud
5. MTG
6. nelsone

main.php

MTG

Caught the Bug
Last but not least? Looking forward to it. Already started packing.

Now you got me thinking about gas though. :thinking:

JAGS

Hooked
Well bummer. This look like a great trip for the family, but unfortunately, one we'll have to miss. Wasn't sure this was going to happen, so have other commitments. 😢

Have fun and take lots of pics. I'll see most of you soon enough. 👍

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm hoping it won't be needed but, I got the Rotopax back on Rubicat... just in case :crazyeyes: :D

IMG_1402.jpg

Top Bottom