Colorado, cripple creek/Colorado Springs

MaxPower

The wife and I are planning a trip to Colorado Springs area staying in cripple creek September 6-11. I'm new to the whole off roading thing and since I have to drive my jeep daily I'm not quite ready to hit the trails hard and possible break something serious. I know it could happen anytime and that's fine just am not ready for the harder trails yet. That being said anyone have any known 1-4 out of 10 rating trails that would be fun to experience with some good scenic views? And do I need to register my jeep etc? If any wayalifers in the area need a few hours out on the trails and wouldnt mind showing us around a little that would be great! Thanks for any and all suggestions :)

t8er

There are some easier trails. I wouldn't be afraid of some of the 5's it's just knowing the obstacles. I think I'd be around to help out for a day just won't know until closer to then.

Rmorin222

Come down Old Stage road on the back side of Victor and there are some fun and easier trails. Check out Traildamage.com and look for El Paso county trails. Mt Baldy, Mt. Rosa, and Bull Park would be fun and close. Avoid Eagle Rock and Saran Wrap.

MaxPower

Great! I will check trail damage out for sure. And yeah if anyone wants to come out a day that would be great. Thanks for all the ideas. Keep them coming if anyone has any more.
What about the ohv permit. I've heard you need one for the jeep? True?

Colorado2003

I should be around at that time and would love to hit the trails. I never miss an opportunity to drive around. Stay in touch!

jmsuitter

Old stage is easy and a fun way to go up to cripple creek. Long since its on dirt but better then pavement and worth enjoying scenery. Been some time since I took that road in my younger years when I lived there. Just the mention of good old CO brings back the memories.

MaxPower

Old stage is easy and a fun way to go up to cripple creek. Long since its on dirt but better then pavement and worth enjoying scenery. Been some time since I took that road in my younger years when I lived there. Just the mention of good old CO brings back the memories.

And where is old stage? Sounds like a great way to get to town :)

cfr

... That being said anyone have any known 1-4 out of 10 rating trails that would be fun to experience with some good scenic views? ...

Get the "Guide to Colorado Backroads and 4x4 Trails", 3rd Edition by Charles Wells of Funtreks.com. This covers trails south of I-70 and is the gold standard for trail guides of Colorado.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Tons of easy trails in that area. When it gets closer just say something and surely some of us well join you. And don't call me shirley.

Also, Old Stage Road has been closed in areas at times due to erosion, so be sure to do some checking before you go up it to ensure it's open....and all the way through.

Rmorin222

Old Stage road is open top to bottom. When you get into town hit me up. Born and raised here in Colorado Springs and have a good couple guys I go with all the time we can easily make a quick late notice run happen.

MaxPower

Old Stage road is open top to bottom. When you get into town hit me up. Born and raised here in Colorado Springs and have a good couple guys I go with all the time we can easily make a quick late notice run happen.

Awesome thanks! I definitely will

MaxPower

Hey folks! Just a week away from our trip to Colorado! We have some things planned during the week, but we have time after them to hit some trails before it gets to dark. I think Monday we don't have anything planned so if anyone what's to show us around we'd love that. We want to do mt baldy, rosa and bull park. Maybe we can do those Monday?Anyone like to meet up in cripple creek with us and show us the way would be greatly appreciated!!

Rmorin222
H8roads
Colorado2003
T8er
Any of you still in?

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Wish I could. I'm in San Fran at the moment and won't be home until Thursday night, then I have work to do on my jk that weekend so no runs for me.

Top Bottom