Certificate of Origin and manufactured date

Pyro1415

Hey guys no dealership I've called has been able to help me with either of these. I'm trying to get my jeep back into american and I need the Manufactured date and Certificate of Origin so they know its a us spec. I figured the vin would be good enough but nope. Anyone have any knowledge on how I can get these and fast?

RSQ-JK12

I actually work at a dealership as a sales rep. The two items that you just listed both go to the lien holder so who ever you are financed with should have the items that you are looking for. If not then I don't know where else they would be at

jeff_in_rc

You say your bringing it back to the US right? What about proof of registration from your home state? maybe even the old plates?
I had an issue like yours but from Maryland back to California and once they looked it up in CA they found the needed info.

taher2.1

Whom are you dealing with in Germany? You should get in touch with a freight forwarder. Cert is required for new cars only. If you exported the car from USA than you will be able to bring it back with German registration/Ownership docs

Hope this will help

Re-Importing A Previously Exported Vehicle
A vehicle taken from the United States for non-commercial, private use may be returned duty free by proving to CBP that it was previously owned and registered in the United States. This proof may be a state-issued registration card for the automobile or a bill of sale for the car from a U.S. dealer. Repairs or accessories acquired abroad for your vehicle must be declared on your return and may be subject to duty.
In some countries, it will be difficult or impossible to obtain unleaded fuel for your vehicle. If the vehicle is driven using leaded gasoline, it will be necessary for you to replace the catalyst and oxygen sensor upon its return to the U.S. To avoid the expense of replacing these parts you may obtain authorization from EPA to remove the catalyst and oxygen sensor before the vehicle is shipped overseas. The EPA telephone number for these authorizations is (202) 564-2418. When the vehicle returns to the U.S., the original catalyst and oxygen sensor will need to be reinstalled. However, you may now reenter your U.S. version vehicle into the U.S. without bond, upon your assurance that you will have the reinstallation performed.

Tree Frog

A buddy of mine at our local dealerships parts dept. went online someplace in his system and was able to pull up a Star Network- Vehicle Information Report for my VIN number.
It took him about 2 minutes to do this and it was free.

On this report for my Jeep it gives its Build Date on the first page along with the Market U-US
It also lists on the last page under Code YAA Build to US Mkt. Specifications and under Code YEP Manuf. Statement of Origin.
I have no idea where your would get a copy of this Statement of Origin. It look's like it is provided to you with the purchase of a new vehicle. I saved ever single piece of paper that came with my Jeep but the file is over 3 inches thick.

I bet if they knew what they were doing someone could pull up that YEP code for your VIN without too much trouble.

These reports are kinda cool as it shows every option your Jeep came with when new.

I knew where this report was at as I just got done looking at it earlier today. See today is my Jeeps 2nd birthday :celebrate:

Good luck Sir

Toxic

Check your pillar on the driver's side. Mine shows everything on there from build date to country it was built in, trim and paint as well along with your VIN

Top Bottom