Little Willy - The Carson City Willys Postal Delivery Van

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, I saw this awesome hot-rodded old school Willys postal delivery Van the other day painted up in Nevada colors and with the Carson City Convention and Visitors Bureau logo on the side of it and decided to so some looking around on the web to find out more about it. As it turns out, this awesome van called "Little Willy" belongs to Joel Dunn who is the Executive Director of the bureau. From what I have found so far, it has a small block Chevy 283 motor in it and with a 700-R Ford transmission and it looks badass! I so wouldn't mind having one of these in my collection!

Here are just a couple of photos I could find so far. I'm gonna have to look for it around town again and take more and better shots if I can. :yup:

carson-city-fj3-1.jpg

carson-city-fj3-2.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Crazy it was called an "FJ" 3. Threw me off when I started doing some research on it. :crazyeyes:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Yep, gets mixed in with the FJ cruisers

Like any other Willys they had ton of variances. FJ-3A, FJ-6's which is closer to today's postal van. It's one of those cool Very odd Willys designs. I read the other day, Willys out sold Chevy for a period of time after the war.

Top Bottom