Video Editing Software

Good morning all...

In my last trip to RC I handed my camera over to my son. He took a ton of good pictures, but his video is a little Blair Witch Project if you catch my drift :grayno:

As it stands, I can't use much of it. I hate to hurt his feelings, but I will need to cut it up and slow some down to make it usable. Currently, I have just been using Windows Movie Maker but it doesn't have a good trim and speed editor.

What do you all use?

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There are some image stabilization software you can buy and use but honestly, if it were me, I would be honest with your son and show him what he filmed. No need to be mean about it but you can't teach a person how to do better unless you can share with them what they did wrong. Holding a camera steady is incredibly hard to do especially if you're unaware of the fact that it needs to be thought about at all times. Anyway, that's just my 2¢.

There are some image stabilization software you can buy and use but honestly, if it were me, I would be honest with your son and show him what he filmed. No need to be mean about it but you can't teach a person how to do better unless you can share with them what they did wrong. Holding a camera steady is incredibly hard to do especially if you're unaware of the fact that it needs to be thought about at all times. Anyway, that's just my 2¢.

I completely agree with you, and I we did go over it together (He was more critical of himself than I was). I was just hoping to save some of it. It's not only a stabilisation issue but also a "I forgot I'm filming and 10 seconds of looking at a tree issue" LOL

Edit to add... To a 13 yr old, crawling is cool, but it's slow enough to get distracted very easily.

Peak

Sony Vegas Pro is a good software, so is Adobe After Effects but it's pretty hard to use at first.

Top Bottom